OutdoorX4 Magazine seeks submissions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catskills

SILVER Star
Media Partner
Threads
Hi, everyone!

For the past year I’ve been copyediting OutdoorX4 Magazine, which features articles detailing all manner of adventure trips. Many articles focus on two- or four-wheeled travel into backcountry destinations around the world, while others share experiences like a multi-day backpacking trip to access a remote trout stream. If you enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, climbing, off-roading, paddling, or any combination thereof, your voice would be at home in OutdoorX4. I wrote the article linked below about a 2022 Utah float trip:

OutdoorX4 would love to hear new voices, and many of you have great travel tales that you might be interested in sharing.

If you have story ideas you’re interested in exploring, please let us know via the contact form on the website at www.outdoorx4.com

If you are more interested in reading the magazine than writing for it, new subscribers can use coupon code ox4mag to get 10% off a subscription in print, digital, or both from our website at www.outdoorx4.com

If you have questions, please feel free to either PM me or quote my message here when replying to the thread.

Best, Kris

Should be kept classified.

Long time no see, hope all is well.

I am sure we could find ways to protect highly sensitive information like this by changing the state's name to Alabama, for instance.

Thanks-- I'm doing great! Hope you are too ☺️

My big take away from the link you shared was the sneak peak into Expedition Earth's article. I've never heard of them and I suppose if there is any adventure worth sharing, a trip around the globe in a Jeep seems worthy!

Makes my weekend adventures look quite pathetic in comparison actually.

How does one focus on travel and adventure when the week is filled with underpaid work for endless jobs with no respect.

i think its because im getting old. I used to think it would be fun to submit stories ETC of my travels about little known places around MT. Now ive decided we need to do all we can to tell no one. except people i deem worthy.

My big take away from the link you shared was the sneak peak into Expedition Earth's article. I've never heard of them and I suppose if there is any adventure worth sharing, a trip around the globe in a Jeep seems worthy!

Makes my weekend adventures look quite pathetic in comparison actually.

How does one focus on travel and adventure when the week is filled with underpaid work for endless jobs with no respect.

I hear you, but I think how you tell a story can be as interesting as where it took you.

i think its because im getting old. I used to think it would be fun to submit stories ETC of my travels about little known places around MT. Now ive decided we need to do all we can to tell no one. except people i deem worthy.

I 💯% get this but have a couple ways around it. I just wrote an article about watching the world come back to life this spring -- and it's centered on a few roads near my house. One couldn't identify the exact location by reading the article; you would just know it was in the Catskill Mountains.

This summer I plan to write about adventuring in VT and have no intention of sharing coordinates or any specific, identifying features. I feel very protective of that area -- have been camping there for 30 years. I do believe it's possible to write about a place well and still pull that off. But my treasured section of the National Forest is becoming more and more crowded -- each time I go it's worse.

The truth of the matter is that people are using apps to find places, and I believe relying a lot more on them than reading an article someone wrote for OX4.

Hi @3_puppies

I'm in Ulster County, less than 2 hours north of NYC.

Last edited:
I lived in Delaware county for many years, in used to be called Vega, then became Denver, it was outside Roxbury.
I worked at Highmount for many years, I moved a few years before it closed.

I lived in Delaware county for many years, in used to be called Vega, then became Denver, it was outside Roxbury.
I worked at Highmount for many years, I moved a few years before it closed.

Sorry @3_puppies just seeing this!

Ironically enough was just reading a 3FE starting issue thread that you chimed in on because my 80 didn't start a couple hours ago.

I love that area you're from. I've spent a lot of time in Stamford.

did you ever get a hotdog from Elvis's brother in Grand Gorge?

Nope, I've actually never gone out for meals there -- I've only ever gone camping so always cooked my own meals.

IMG_20190601_071140756~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom