Wanted Oregon: 1978 and older fj40 leaf springs (1 Viewer)

Howdy guys does anyone have an old set of leaf springs off of their fj40? I have a frame and body that I need to get off the ground for now to make a roller. This project is a bit down the road so even worn out ones would be of great use.

I'm down in Southern Oregon but can make a trip up north if needed.

Last edited:

Drake2

SILVER Star
Howdy guys does anyone have an old set of leaf springs off of their fj40? I have a frame and body that I need to get off the ground for now to make a roller. This project is a bit down the road so even worn out ones would be of great use.

I'm down in Southern Oregon but can make a trip up north if needed.
You may want to mention the year of your frame because 79+ springs are 1/4" wider than the earlier years.

Drake2

SILVER Star
I'm not sure of the specific month that the change happened but the older springs are 2-3/4" wide and the newer springs are 3" wide. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in with the month of the change if they know. I have a set of 02/80 front springs sitting here (for sale) and they are 3" wide and my 78 springs are 2-3/4" wide.

Drake2

SILVER Star
@pendergastjm Hi John, good to know of another WI cruiser junkie! I am 45 minutes south in Racine, although I have a good friend on the Cedarburg PD so I am up there from time to time. If you drop me a PM with your contact info (phone) I will add you to my list of WI/IL cruiser contacts and let you know when I will be up there next.

Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom