Wanted 1978 FJ40 emissions system (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
I recently bought a 1978 FJ40 and I need a complete federal emissions system. Air injection manifold, ABV, EGR, hoses, everything under the hood, you name it. If you decided to trash the 2F and put in an updated engine or you live where those emission controls are not required, I would love to complete my restoration.
1978 TLC.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t you need California required emissions not Federal? Exhaust manifold, carburetor, and a bunch more parts?
Because it is 46 years old, I at least need the federal which is less complicated, so I don't need to change he exhaust manifold and carb. I still need lots of parts. I'm guessing it will take 2 years to complete the search.

Because it is 46 years old, I at least need the federal which is less complicated, so I don't need to change he exhaust manifold and carb. I still need lots of parts. I'm guessing it will take 2 years to complete the search.
Welcome to IH8MUD.

2 years To complete the search? Didnt Mark just say he had everything for you?

I would lean toward the California smog standard equipment. California is more stringent, and thats what you are going to be tested on I believe.

I spoke to Mark. He isn’t easy to deal with. I have to make an appointment to see him and I have to buy some things before he will extend his knowledge and parts to me. I’ll see how it goes.

I have a 78 that I am thinking about de-smogging. It's a running rig that is all together. I might be interested in swapping some parts with you if you have a smog free carb or other parts I could use.

I have a 78 that I am thinking about de-smogging. It's a running rig that is all together. I might be interested in swapping some parts with you if you have a smog free carb or other parts I could use.
Let’s talk. I’m new to this site. How do we communicate by phone or email?

Let’s talk. I’m new to this site. How do we communicate by phone or email?
I just took the vsv and emissions controller off my 78 and have other EGR stuff too that I will never use… lmk if u want anything

image.jpg

IMG_9955.jpeg

IMG_9956.jpeg

Last edited:
i have a few NOS modle year by year specific original paper print media Emission System FSM manuals ...

this is the only way to roll

system by system sub system breakdowns , confirm and diagnose step by steps , how to procedures ,,,,

these make it Eazy Peezy ...........

no
sketchy-PDF bull sh3t here , not ever even for a second ......

i have a few NOS modle year by year specific original paper print media Emission System FSM manuals ...

this is the only way to roll

system by system sub system breakdowns , confirm and diagnose step by steps , how to procedures ,,,,

these make it Eazy Peezy ...........

no
sketchy-PDF bull sh3t here , not ever even for a second ......
How can I purchase a 1978 Emission System FSM manual?

I recently bought a 1978 FJ40 and I need a complete federal emissions system. Air injection manifold, ABV, EGR, hoses, everything under the hood, you name it. If you decided to trash the 2F and put in an updated engine or you live where those emission controls are not required, I would love to complete my restoration.
View attachment 3609227
Don’t you need California required emissions not Federal? Exhaust manifold, carburetor, and a bunch more parts?
I just took the vsv and emissions controller off my 78 and have other EGR stuff too that I will never use… lmk if u want anything

View attachment 3610065

View attachment 3610077

View attachment 3610078

Good evening mr. @hwgdds ..

how goes it on you 1978 FJ40LV-KCJA 2F Engine FEDERAL Emissions spec. OEM parts scavenger & gather hunt going for you ….🙂

- the folks that I do know well above , mr Mark @65swb45 , also mr. Pardion @pardion too …

Both are my SOLID MUD Buddies and also folks I have purchased many many Very Good condition pre-owned and also NOS parts from in my Toyota Lifetime ….

- on my end here per our discussion the other night …

The NOS 2F 1978 model year specific factory EMISSIONS System FSM Service & Repair Diagnostic paper print media Manual

- as I was pulling the more then one I mentioned I knew I had for you to choose from ..

- these were also in my dedicated 1978 Vintage Toyota MEDIA Tote too ..

- both the orange 1978 Maintenance Procedures and the blue 1978 Service Specifications original paper print media FSM service repair and service manuals below just like the RED 1978 Emissions one contain a Pile of SOLID Technical Information and Refrence resource. specications not found in the main General GREY 1st Generation 2F ENGINE & GREY Chassis & BODY 1975-12/78 FSM
( Field Service Manuals )

The red one is the main one you need here hands down 💯 % !!

Both the Oarnge one and the BLUE one are 1978 2F Engine and 1978 FJ40 & 1978 FJ55 , and cover a wide range of all sorts of need to know and must have want to know Technical Information and step by step procedures too …

What kind weight and how much gear oil fluid capacity from your axle to your manual steering box too !!!

- both red ones are NOS

- 2 blue ones are NOS , the other 3 are in VERY GOOD condition…

- all the Oarnge ones are in VERY GOOD condition as well …

NONE have any missing , ripped or torn pages ,

No inside pages gease stains either …

- the front and back think plastic grease proof covers have the cosmetic variations you see in the photos below , no holes or fraying to be clear ….

I also PM ,d you earlier

NOTE : the thread starter has first choice and first right of refusal on the below 1978 Factory Toyota OEM original Paper Print Media FSM ( Field Service Manuals ) in my photos below …..

If others are interested in any of the below ⬇️ 1978 FSM, s ?
Please DO NOT post here , as this is His Thread , NOT mine …FYI

Thanks ….

Kindly
MATT

3B529A6B-8B35-4A2D-BDED-E811CC9354C0.jpeg
3B529A6B-8B35-4A2D-BDED-E811CC9354C0.jpeg
5C007554-8B7E-430B-BBD2-34E65F3C7675.jpeg
FCA24355-0A37-4267-9E79-7913DDAA584F.jpeg
5A5DB025-DEB6-4F13-838A-79C936D07621.jpeg
74028E1D-D05B-4C0D-A465-BDCF8900C8C2.jpeg
52DE6734-BA3E-42E6-8E1E-20D887FA2B8E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread