Options for removing and covering - overhead-mounted DVD player?? UPDATE #19 - Done! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's my effort. For some reason the DVD player was an Alpine TMX-R2000, which suggests the previous owner "upgraded" from the original factory one. Removing it left a big hole, however I had a BIG win - the white ribbon wired plug was intact. This meant the replacement dome light was plug and play.

After thinking about doing it myself, I got a local trimmer to do it for me. Bit of a bump due to a centre screw, but looks much tidier than anything I would have come up with.
PXL_20230501_014847397[1].jpg

After removal, taped up the Composite RCA (harness) and 3.5mm sound jack on the right, you can see the ribbon wire + plug for the lighting
PXL_20230501_022911160[1].jpg

And the new dome light - I put a warm white LED for a bit more light at night.
PXL_20230512_041216645[1].jpg

PXL_20230512_041320097[1].jpg

Here's my effort. For some reason the DVD player was an Alpine TMX-R2000, which suggests the previous owner "upgraded" from the original factory one. Removing it left a big hole, however I had a BIG win - the white ribbon wired plug was intact. This meant the replacement dome light was plug and play.

After thinking about doing it myself, I got a local trimmer to do it for me. Bit of a bump due to a centre screw, but looks much tidier than anything I would have come up with.
View attachment 3320743

After removal, taped up the Composite RCA (harness) and 3.5mm sound jack on the right, you can see the ribbon wire + plug for the lighting
View attachment 3320744
And the new dome light - I put a warm white LED for a bit more light at night.
View attachment 3320749
View attachment 3320750
Looks good! And good idea taping up the wires like that.

I'm not sure there was ever a factory option for DVD players. I think the dealers installed aftermarket units so they could add more mark-up to their pricing...your Alpine is the nicest unit I've seen in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom