Options for 1UZ-FE plus which tranny & transfer case? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am really into making a 1UZ transplant into one of the trucks. What tranny and t-case options are bolt on?

A friend of mine said that 1UZ+A340E (stock LS400 trans)+ Isuzu Trooper t-case. Quite a budget version but it is bolt-on and only requires swapping shafts between the A340 and the A340 equivalent used in Isuzu. So I need both trannies but the Isuzu one costs areound $100. But I do not have full time 4WD and I need to mess with the shafts.

Are there any other options? Maybe use the 1UZ + A340 bellhousing + A343F + HF2A(V) t-case? Is the bellhousing trick feasible and will the 1UZ LS400 ECU communicate well with the A343?

Any other options? Making adapters is not so much a questions of money but rather availability and time to measure all this stuff. This is why I am looking at full bolt-on.

I was looking into this a few months back, but gave up because it seemed even with an Eaton supercharger the hp and torque were marginal in terms of moving a 5000 lb plus vehicle. Better off supercharging the 1FZ-FE if that is what you got.

I've never heard of a full time tcase option with a 1UZ swap. The A343 idea seems like a good shot, but I'd guess that most people using an A343 are using a 2UZ as well. I totally get the benefits of the 1UZ though, and if I was doing one I think I'd just go with the LS400 trans and a prerunner adapter/gear drive tcase combo, of course rendering it part time unfortunately.

Well, there are GM engines over here but they tend to be more expensive than $400 for the 1UZ. I can buy a running LS400 for $1300 and thus have the engine, a340 tranny, ECU, wiring etc.

I have been thinking that if the family of A34X trannies has probably the same housing, then one could change the bellhousing and be just done with the problem. Or maybe the engine vs tranny splines will not match?

Well, there are GM engines over here but they tend to be more expensive than $400 for the 1UZ. I can buy a running LS400 for $1300 and thus have the engine, a340 tranny, ECU, wiring etc.

I have been thinking that if the family of A34X trannies has probably the same housing, then one could change the bellhousing and be just done with the problem. Or maybe the engine vs tranny splines will not match?
I'm not 100% certain that they do match, but I'd guess with a bit of searching on lextreme.com you could get your answers.

Yes, I have seen that thread a few times but I am too dumb to understand what's there. Mostly pics and not explanation. I don't have an A342 tranny available but a A343, A340, 30-40LE. The guy is showing the valve bodies but I don't know why.

Then there is this photo:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vTJKi13rEGo/TkZMCAtxibI/AAAAAAAASRg/i4ODh7tM5b0/s640/P1090006.JPG

It is described as 1UZ+A343+TRANSFER ASSY LEXUS LX450 but no more details. Then a photo of a shaft sleeve 33399-60040.

I am wondering if the A343F has the same input shaft length and number of splines so that it can match the 1UZ engine.

Just wanted to bump the thread a bit in case someone else chimes in. Soooo... can the 1UZ be bolted to the A343F tranny in a plug&play manner?

Specifically:

1UZ-FE -->1UZ-FE Bellhousing --> A343F tranny body --> HF2AV T-case.

If that's possible then will I be able to control the A343F transmission from within the 1UZ ECU? Both the A340 (LS400) and the A343 trannies are the same family with gears selected by means of three cables, but there are other sensors around (VSS) that might be different and play an important role...

Thank you

Just looking for trouble-free tranny and full-time t-case options. Are there any?

H151F/HF2A.....

I don't know what vehicle this is planned for and my input is merely "academic" in nature, so don't interpret any as more than talking points.

In theory, the A341E and A343F tail housings and output shafts can be swapped, but think that's a small part of the battle.

My advice would be to check out lextreme of uzswap forums and see what they've turned up, because this has been don't before.......with lackluster results, since the A343F is a vampirical and the UZ<FZ in power/torque departments.

Only way I could see a case being made for is H151F and even then it may only be a marginal improvement over a 1FZ/H151F marriage.

Any news or updates on your search to finding a transmission for 1UZ. I’m trying to do this swap myself and seeing a lot of different information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom