open trails in eastern pa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of open access free trails in eastern pa?
Just looking for logging roads or something to go play on.
Thanks Chris

CJBury said:
Does anyone know of open access free trails in eastern pa?
Just looking for logging roads or something to go play on.
Thanks Chris

I think it is OK to ride on most state game land trails but someone who has lived in PA longer may pipe up.... you could check the DCNR website...

there are maps of all the drivable trails in pa, dcnr office or website could probably tell you more....ive been on some trails like that but they get boring most of the time

my experience in south central here is that there are a ton of improved dirt roads you can drive the family sedan on, and anything interesting has been gated or tank trapped. Thanks the ya-hoo's for ruining it for the reast of us :rolleyes:

I figured that there were not much in the way of govt land to ride on. However there is still a ton of private land left and someone owns it. So damn it, fess up and let us come play on it.:D
Chris

wow....i almost forgot about trevorton/shamokin....there is about 30-40,000 acres of old strip mine land(like paragon kinda, it is between paragon and rausch creek), i think its owned by a railroad company now, everyone goes out there to wheel but now you can buy a "permit" i guess is what you could call it for $100 per year, that lets you go anywhere on that property i think, but technically there are no posted signs anywhere so they cant do anything but tell you to leave....ive been out there and cops have driven by on quads and wave to ya though, but it can be a scary place....lots of weird creepy people out there....and supposedly a lot of dead bodies and dead cars in the old mines that are full of water

cruiser88 said:
i love tank traps:bounce2:

yea, but let's face it...
the more we ignore their attempts to keep us out, the more they want to close other areas.

There used to be a lot of cool areas in my local part of Michaux State Forest. I remember some of them from my youth, and have heard of many more.
Locals got tired of knocks on the door at 3-4am from stuck idiots, and the Ya-hoo's just tore everything up. There is a TON of rash left everywhere as well.

Now all these areas are closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom