ONSC Product Endorsements - what do you LOVE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HiLift jacks, after doing gazillions and brazillions of guided trail rides, there hasn't been a day where the jack wasn't used to extricate a vehicle.

"Hi Lift Jack, so easy even hoomans can use them."
1585831264966.png

Last edited:
  • Benelli shotguns
  • Seiko solar dive watches closely followed by Citizen Eco-drive watches, G-shock 3rd
  • Canon photography gear
  • Ubuntu Linux (I have 4 systems running Ubuntu at home)
  • Makita Li-Ion tools
  • Salomon running shoes worn as everyday shoes
  • Patagonia jackets
  • Benchmade Osborne 940 knife (21 years old)
  • Nvidia video cards
  • DT Swiss MTB wheels (wide, light, strong, and somewhat inexpensive in one package!)
  • Shimano bike components
  • Michelin and Cooper tires

My list is short because I rarely buy or use items based on name alone. I research too much and buy items based on reviews, quality, and price and these brands are the products I go to first for options to meet my needs.

Adding Roval Carbon MTB wheels -
Specialized Roval Control Trail SL 29 142+ Carbon w

Wheels and most bike parts (and bike) all purchased second hand on craigs or pink bike. :<)

@lumbee1 - Completely agree with this. Lots of folks don't do this. - My list is short because I rarely buy or use items based on name alone. I research too much and buy items based on reviews, quality, and price and these brands are the products I go to first for options to meet my needs.

And I will add some of the activities I partake in are considered dangerous and I don't want to get hurt with crappy unreliable gear. - Cry Once!

Last edited:
My Toro self propelled mower has been running strong for 12 years and usually starts on the first pull. We now have a riding mower and delegated my Toro to be my mini-brush hawg. I push and sometimes throw it into deep weeds, roots, ground litter, and branches behind the house. The blade is dinged and dull but it does the job. I should probably change the oil this decade.

Sennheiser Headphones - not for jogging or conference calls - for music.

I have purchased a lot of these - for my 4 kids, wife and me. I've only purchased the $400 or less ones, never the top of the line stuff, but at ANY price point I've been happy with them. The "PRO" over ear cans they have a super comfortable and sound great. Even the $30-50 range ones that I travel with are great. (HD201 or HD206). It looks like they're discontinuing the cheaper consumer ones in favor of the professional and reference series.

If I had $ to burn - I'd have this: Sennheiser Sennheiser HE 1 - - In 1991 we created the best headphones in the world. We called them Orpheus. Now, we have done it again. The uncompromising philosophy remaining, this is Sennheiser HE 1. In otherworldly sound and timeless beauty. Perfectly engineered. Equipped with unique features and state-of-the-art technology.

I won a set of "Beats Audio" $300 headphones and they're not even in the same league as the $100 ones I got for my daughter which I recommend highly. They have the old/new models - not a clue on the new one, the old one is the one she has.

Amazon product ASIN B00IT0IHOY

Sennheiser Headphones - not for jogging or conference calls - for music.

I have purchased a lot of these - for my 4 kids, wife and me. I've only purchased the $400 or less ones, never the top of the line stuff, but at ANY price point I've been happy with them. The "PRO" over ear cans they have a super comfortable and sound great. Even the $30-50 range ones that I travel with are great. (HD201 or HD206). It looks like they're discontinuing the cheaper consumer ones in favor of the professional and reference series.

If I had $ to burn - I'd have this: Sennheiser Sennheiser HE 1 - - In 1991 we created the best headphones in the world. We called them Orpheus. Now, we have done it again. The uncompromising philosophy remaining, this is Sennheiser HE 1. In otherworldly sound and timeless beauty. Perfectly engineered. Equipped with unique features and state-of-the-art technology.

I won a set of "Beats Audio" $300 headphones and they're not even in the same league as the $100 ones I got for my daughter which I recommend highly. They have the old/new models - not a clue on the new one, the old one is the one she has.

Amazon product ASIN B00IT0IHOY

I am curious what $2000.00 + gets you in the world of earphones. Much like brandy, cigars, and sunglasses I'm not sure I could tell the difference between $$ and $$$$$$$.

Sennheiser HD 820

Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd ask here:

Who do you all use for your vehicle wiring/electronical crap? I bought a stereo from Crutchfield, but I need to buy wire, breaker, fuse block, bunch of other little stuff.

I have decided I'll no longer buy from Amazon, and instead support small/local businesses. I am happy to buy this stuff via web, if there's a reputable source anyone recommends (among the zillion out there). A non-chain brick-and-mortar source in the Triangle would be fine too.

Who do you all use for your vehicle wiring/electronical crap? I bought a stereo from Crutchfield, but I need to buy wire, breaker, fuse block, bunch of other little stuff.

I have decided I'll no longer buy from Amazon, and instead support small/local businesses. I am happy to buy this stuff via web, if there's a reputable source anyone recommends (among the zillion out there). A non-chain brick-and-mortar source in the Triangle would be fine too.

There are probably others (maybe cheaper) but I've used Parts-express.com before. They have a good selection of that kind of stuff.

With Radio Shack gone options are limited. Lowes and HD have some wire. Tractor Supply and Agri-Supply too.

But for non-chain local the only thing I can think of is stopping by an independent car stereo shop and seeing what they sell.

I've used Waytek in the past a good bit. A new site I've found has some cool auto and marine products: KnuKonceptz - Home and Mobile audio accessories, including amp installation kits and speaker wire

They have some post adapters that are really cool for running multiple amps, which I plan to use on my boat once I pick up the dual battery stuff from you and get it installed :)

Naturally I spent a little more, but when I purchased a new head unit for my wife's Sienna from Crutchfield I also added in the harness adapter kit, including the adapter allowing her to keep steering wheel controls. For an extra $25 Crutchfield will even solder all the wires and make it complete plug&play (a 2-day delay so I skipped this option). The little stuff, such as wire and crimps .... they have that too.

The other source I use often is wholesalemarine.com .... switches, wire, fuse blocks, and connectors that are marine quality. They usually have free shipping if you buy enough stuff and shipping is fast.

Link: Wholesale Marine

Thank you guys very much for the recommendations! My wording was a bit off, I bought a head unit several weeks ago and installed it, what I'm looking for now is just a good source for general (non-stereo) automotive wiring stuff.

BTW I've purchased from Crutchfield several times, and this time it was bad. The products I got met my expectations, but the instructions specific to my vehicle were horrible and wrong; and the guy I chatted with put a bunch of crap in the order I didn't need, and subsequently returned. During install, their tech support also gave me a very unsatisfactory and incorrect answer to a question I had.

Thank you guys very much for the recommendations! My wording was a bit off, I bought a head unit several weeks ago and installed it, what I'm looking for now is just a good source for general (non-stereo) automotive wiring stuff.

BTW I've purchased from Crutchfield several times, and this time it was bad. The products I got met my expectations, but the instructions specific to my vehicle were horrible and wrong; and the guy I chatted with put a bunch of crap in the order I didn't need, and subsequently returned. During install, their tech support also gave me a very unsatisfactory and incorrect answer to a question I had.

That's unfortunate. Granted I don't buy there often but my experiences have all been positive. They tend to be big on reviews and feedback so be sure to say something.

For general "auto" wiring I'd definitely lean towards marine quality stuff. Wire isn't just wire and most of the home depot type stuff is just not suited for automotive. Also, even though it has been available for some time it seems the market is now flooded with CCA (copper clad aluminum) wire and something to stay away from, both for the higher resistivity and the lower fatigue life.

Some years ago, I bought wire, breaker, fuse block, connectors from some small shop via internet and everything was awesome. Wish I could remember the name of the shop, but now I have several to check out - thank you guys again.

@Rice I did have a nice chat w/ the folks at Crutchfield. I don't buy from them often (don't need much home or car stereo gear), but all previous experiences were very good. And to your point: I'd really rather spend a few bucks and not cause a vehicle fire than save those few bucks.

Honda lawn mower. I'd buy another in a heartbeat, but time will tell if I ever have to.

View attachment 2261204

I just got myself a used civic also

Although every Honda powered anything we have owned has been nothing bit trouble. I got this for free and only to now the vacant house next door.

My electric mower is fine for my yard doing it once a week and is quiet as hell so I can do it and not even wake Andrea up. But I'm not mowing the neighbors every week so I need a little more power to get through the tall grass and weeds in their yard.

My last gasower was a 15 year old (when I got it) and 25 year good when I got rid of it when I moved Toro. Never missed a beat . I'd get another one in a heart beat if I needed to buy a mower.
20200420_103734.jpg

In the past I have suffered from really dry hands and cracked knuckles.... this stuff was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom