Builds One World, One LX Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well done helping out! I have learned that out on the trails, ppl are usually helpful regardless of what everyone is driving.

Yeah, no doubt. They were young and adventurous, and there was no indication that the road would become so bad.

We’ve all been there - you drive for hours and when things start getting rougher you push on because you’ve invested so much time. It’s the sunken cost fallacy.

I do wonder what they would have done if we hadn’t been there. They might have turned around but it would have been very easy for them to quickly get into a situation with no recovery options without help. They had no recovery gear and no comms.

The weather is shaping around the Bay Area lately and so I have started a number of projects in anticipation of the various excursions that we have planned this year.

I finally decided to install an OBA system. I originally bought a Viair 400C but I changed my mind and decided to order a 400P instead. The 400P has been a great little unit. The relatively high CFM rate makes it fast enough for me going from 20 up to 35 psi, especially with the morflate setup.

There are well documented downsides though, which are having to open the hood and partially remove the cover, and then having to deal with a fairly hot compressor once I’m done. Also storage is a bit of a pain. I takes up a fair bit of room in one of my drawers.

I still had the 400C siting on the shelf and was inspired by @TeCKis300 and his PS reservoir relo mod, which was really the final nudge I was waiting on to tackle an OBA mod. I will not deny that I 100% copied teckis300’s mod in almost every way. As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Before I get to the OBA setup, I wanted to finish up an even more significant mod, and that is the installation of an accessory power management system. I completely bucked the standard choices of SwitchPros and SPODs, and instead........
Can you not use the 400P? You had to use the 400C? I want to do on board but don't have the time now, but I really need to replace my "crappy" cigarette lighter inflator ASAP. So I was hoping to buy the 400P and then install it under the hood later.

Can you not use the 400P? You had to use the 400C? I want to do on board but don't have the time now, but I really need to replace my "crappy" cigarette lighter inflator ASAP. So I was hoping to buy the 400P and then install it under the hood later.
I used a 400P under the hood. You have to be a bit more careful with it as it is not really set up for underhood use.
I mounted mine on the passenger side behind the headlight.

Last edited:

You can. It is not rated for water exposure and that is the only real difference between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom