One more HEI question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Threads
Please set me straight.

Does the dist. come with the ignition module attached? Is it required for the conversion? I know the cap and coil can be together. Is there anything else i need to get for the conversion while I am at the yard?

Thanks for the help.

Mine came in pieces, but what I can tell after assembling it is this. If you get the proper unit, pull the cap and make sure the modu;e and reluctor are there and ok.

My cap has the internal coil, if yours doesn't I'm guessing you'd need the coil.

You'll also need some new wires of course.

Good luck. I am still in the process of figuring mine out, so let me know how your project goes.

Depends on where you get it. A junk yard will probably not pull it apart and sell the pieces. A parts store might not sell them together. You need a four pin module and the pick up coil unless you are going to EFI, then you need the 7 pin module. I don't think it will be an issue with a 250 dizzy since they were never FI.

Thanks for the good info. Are the 4pin and 7pin modules interchangable? I was thinking about going EFI after I do my rebuild. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom