On board charger recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj62max

Wildlife Customs
Threads
Looking for a good on board charger to charge my stand alone battery. I have a gel 100AH battery. I was looking at the Noco chargers single bank, but not familiar with them.

Victron IP-65 7amp model
Use it for 100AH Lipo and a 170AH AGM
One of the only chargers I found that could be used as a power supply if needed.

Hello Phil. I saw a few different ones. Which model is the one you have. Any pics? Do you have the bluetooth one

It's going to by between ctek or victron. Any other recommendations?

Anyone else familiar with any one of these chargers?

Victron IP-65 7amp model
Use it for 100AH Lipo and a 170AH AGM
One of the only chargers I found that could be used as a power supply if needed.

Wanted to ask you. Can I run my fridge and have the charger running at the same time?

Yes one of the advantages over all others I looked at. I run anything and everything when on shore power. Also no compatibility issues with solar when plugged in to shore power in the sun.

Does the ac plug come normal to our standards or does it come euro standard?

Does the ac plug come normal to our standards or does it come euro standard?

If you order 115V you get US male
If you order 230V you get euro male

Pressure washer tested👍

If you order 115V you get US male
If you order 230V you get euro male

Pressure washer tested👍

Trying to order one now and theres no 115v option on Amazon and looking on Google and dont see anything. May need one bigger than 7a. It says the the 7a is for a 70ah battery size

Screenshot_20190708-194410_Drive.jpg

In the post above I use it on a 170AH bank and because I using it to maintain and shore power (not charging dead batteries) I was told it would be fine. The lower slower the charge the better. The charge info is bluetooth and I rarely use the full 7amps

Last edited:
For what it's worth. I use the CTEK MXS 5.0. Not rated for Lithium but great on Lead Acid of all types Flooded, AGM, ect....

In the post above I use it on a 170AH bank and because I using it to maintain and shore power (not charging dead batteries) I was told it would be fine. The lower slower the charge the better. The charge info is bluetooth and I rarely use the full 7amps

Hello Phil. I just purchased a victron. Seem to be working fine. But wanted to know something. Mine seems to stay on bulk charging. What have you noticed on yours?

Should start at bulk until your battery/batteries reach 80% IIRC then you will move to absorption and your amperage will start to drop then. Many time this time of year with AC and a short drive you will stay on bulk for a little time. After a day or two you go into storage mode. Remember slow is good. I ll PM you an excellent battery article from Victron.

You may already know this, but worth mentioning. Be sure the charger is set to gel as the default is likely flooded. I'm guessing you can connect charger to battery then use victron connect app via BT to set battery type before plugging into AC.

Just adding to the knowledge base...
I have the Victron IP-65 15amp model charging 230ah of fla golf cart batteries. I'm very happy with the charger but be aware, the built-in Bluetooth range is limited. It usually has a range of around 10'-15'. By comparison, I also have a Victron MPPT with a separate Bluetooth dongle and the range for that is ~ 50'-60'.

Cheers

I'm trying to figure out if this unit is identical in function to the Victron discussed here but now offers a IP-67 water rating for the same price? Amazon product ASIN B07TMQYL4K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom