OME Suspension Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings!

I am a new 200 series owner and have a few questions concerning suspension upgrades. I apologize in advance if this ones been beat to death.

My plan is to install standard OME springs/struts (as opposed to the BP-51 setup). While the front is pretty easy to decipher, I am fairly confused about the rear coils. I was initially debating between the 2722/2723 coils but then noticed that a lot of folks where getting as much as 2’’ of lift with the 2721 springs (which are advertised as 0’’ lift). I am okay with a mild rake but I would like to be fairly level and am concerned that a 2722/2723 (advertised as .75’’ lift) may provide too much lift in the rear. Does anyone have any experience or insight with either of these setups?

Additionally, I am also confused as to whether I need the standard springs or the heavy constant springs. I have a lot of camping gear but do have the third row seats removed and don’t have an aftermarket bumper or anything like that. Would the standard duty coils suffice or will I appreciate the heavier duty coils when I’m all loaded up?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

-Mark

One data point: I'm running 2721 springs with third row removed and a well loaded cargo box, stock rear bumper, and have a bit over 2 1/2" of lift.

When I was shopping, I was told the OME charts were not accurate WRT amount of lift.

I'm running 2721s in the rear, with minimal rear weight, and I'd estimate I am getting about 2.5" of lift. Up front I am running Bilstein 6112s set at around 1.5" of lift and I have a good bit of rake still. There's another thread around here surmising that because of the progressive nature of the 2721s, they'll ride better with minimal weight, and potentially net a hair more lift than the 2722s. In general OME tends to be conservative with regards to claimed lift height for whatever reason. Maybe they expect a good bit of extra weight, maybe they're accounting for long term sag, or maybe it's due to Australia's fairly strict lift laws. Who knows?

You should be fine. I'm also running 21s in the rear and got around 2" lift. Getting the heavy springs will definitely make the ride rough. You're close to me, so if you wanted to check out the set up and how it feels. I'm running the 2703 up front since I knew I was eventually putting a bumper on and didn't want to have to need to switch later, so the front is definitely a bit stiffer.

Good Morning, All!

Thanks for all your help and really appreciate the offer @afgman786 to check out your current set up!

One last question, are most of you running stock UCAs or did you upgrade?

Thanks again!

I'm running Dobinsons UCAs.

Good Morning, All!

Thanks for all your help and really appreciate the offer @afgman786 to check out your current set up!

Thanks again!
I've upgraded to SPC. Also to add, depending on who you're ordering your kit from. They will have great insight to lead you down the right path and get you the setup you want.
There's quite a few vendors on here the offer, I got mine from Cruiser Outfitters and the customer service they offer was absolutely fantastic! Answered a lot of questions and them some to make sure I got what I wanted.

Good Morning, All!

Thanks again!
I'm running SPC UCA's. Very adjustable very strong. Your going to want to replace the fixed UCA's with adjustable UCA's. This will allow you to get the alignment perfect or damn close to perfect. If you are doing the work yourself make sure you take it in to get your current alignment numbers. The shop will use that to get it right back to where it was before the lift. Or they might find something that needs to be addressed before the lift. If you have a shop in your area the specializes in 4X4 it will be a smoother experience! Your also going to have to crack the KDSS.

I have the EMU set up with medium springs all around (I forget the number). I do have a lot weight all around. I wanted to put the heavy springs on the back and I think the mechanics in the back overheard my request because I heard wrenches drop. I was warned that the heavy springs are overkill for almost every application. They will knock your teeth out. Very happy with the medium springs. If your going with ARB just give them a call and ask. They will ask you about your set up now and plans for the immediate future and how you use it. They are pretty good getting the combo right and will explain the trade offs with the different setups. Your going to get a lot of personal opinions on any forum.

Hi to all. I'm looking to upgrade to the OME springs and sport struts on 2016 LC. My set up is Trail Tailor hidden winch mount with a 70lb winch, and in rear I have about 300lb constant load, (Rear seats Removed). I have sagging in rear, (tires are LT-285/65/18 Toyo) especially since I currently have the Toyota OEM front spring spacers so my tires don't rub. My goal is better handling overall, with less nosediving and no rear sag. Question is this- for front 2700 Stock/Light Load [1" Lift] ? or 2701 Medium Load (0LBS-220LBS) [1" Lift]. and which spring should In rear? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom