OME steering stabilizer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know the best way to get the factory steering stabilizer off so I can install an OME? I installed my new OME lift yesterday and forgot to put the steering stabilzer on. I went out this morning and cannot get the stock one off. Oh, this is on a 97. Thanks
Brian

Tie rod end puller.

Dan
Thanks for the help. I ran up and got a tie rod end puller. I also found my pickle fork. Between them I'm sure I can get it. My wife just took the cruiser up to the grocery store so I'm inside watching the babies.

Jon
I'm in Charlotte, NC. Were you the one that was hoping to get an OME suspension soon? If you need help installing it let me know. You could run up here and we could do it in an afternoon. It took me about 4 1/2 hours to install and that was with plenty of beer breaks and a kid with an FJ40 stopping by to BS.
Brian

Hey, ya thats me. Sadly I dont know the fate of my 80 right now. My dad has gotten really tied of the maintamince on it. Its got 187k miles so its old. Right now, the rear main is leaking and leavin drops on the driveway, the tires need to be replaced eventhouh they've been on there for about a yaer. The front brakes need to be replaced and the birfs need repacking. :'(. Its all around old, and probably needs a new owner. Only upside to selling it would be gettin a 40 maybe...maybe. I dont wana go from the pinicle of truckmanship down to a Datsun Kingcab or somthin. :'(

Jon
Don't know if I have time to help with the rear main but the brakes and the birf repack shouldn't be a problem. I'm planning in the next few weeks to do the repack on my '97. If you wanted to come up we could easily take care at least those two problems. Also on the tires, I've got a set of Michelin LTX's with about 5000 miles on them I will probably be replacing soon because of the OME suspension. Maybe we could work something out there.
Brian

Hey Brian,
Hows the sleep depravation going? I've got a good puller for loan if ya need to borrow it.
Jon, if you deside to sell your 80, keep me posted, I'm thinking about replacing my 60.

I'm actually getting plenty of sleep. They are 7 months old now and have been sleeping thru the night since around 3 months. Thanks for the offer on the puller. I got it off with the pickle fork and the tie rod end puller. Now I've just got to get some bigger tires.
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom