OME springs 2860 or 2865 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2005 100 series that I plan to replace the oem springs and I already have OME shocks on. Car has constant rear load due to the ARB bumper. Looking for slight lift (1"-2") and tighter ride as well as compensating for weight of the bumper.
Would like to know which spring is best.

2866 gave me about an inch over factory 2860 is supposed to give you 2” with up to 200 lbs or so. Just depends what you want. Ome shocks are long enough fo either

The ARB bumper is probably 250 lb. already. I have OME shocks already. Front has original springs and KYB shocks wonder if this will give me a takes look. But that's not what I'm looking for though

ARB bumper is heavy. 865s will sag like hell. 860s will sag some too. 863s are probably the golden ticket.
1614528936547.png

Ok, I think I'm going to go with 2863. The rig has been carrying this ARB bumper for few years with the OME shocks but OEM springs, hopefully with the 2863 springs, I will get a slight lift or at least level the back and a bit cleaner ride.
If anyone else has 2863 and perhaps a heavier bumper, let me know how you like the set up.

With the spring chat is the spring rate the amount of weight the setup can carry overstock?

i.e. for the 860 spring at 220lbf/in that is 50 lbf/in over stock.

Trying to figure out which direction to go. My setup probably is 50lbs over stock constantly and about 400lbs over stock when loaded for trips. Ideally I don’t want to lift the rear too much, but not sure there is a good solution since the weight difference is so great.

2865 and 2860 not gonna ride nice with a bumper, and also sag.

2866 or 2863 is gonna be the golden ticket.

Will just need to figure out how much weight you have and explore your options.

I've got 2865s with 300lbs and its a rough ride. They are rated for 250lbs and I am slowly re-installing my bumper. I am at about 200lbs now and I can feel the rough ride coming back.

I am converting to Dobinsons which seem to be the only option on the market that has a spring that only gives a 1.5" lift and can handle 400lb constant load.

The OME option that can handle the 300lb+ weight adds 2.5" lift causing the stinkbug look or forcing you into jacking up your front end, then naturally bigger tires, maybe a diff drop, longer links, and just going down the rabbit hole of lifting a truck that doesn't need a lift in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom