OME Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have stock suspension with one shock that is leaking. I plan on OME lift but not at this time. Can I use OME shocks for the lift on my 80 now?
kurt

Yep.

I was ass u me(ing) that the OME shocks are the way to go with the OME lift :-\
kurt

I would think that it doesn't really matter. Before the OME L shocks that I have now I had Edelbrock shocks. Those are the most amazing shocks ever. When I bought my lift kit though they had not released their new line of longer shocks with the separate reservoir. I will wait awhile and go back to the Edelbrocks for sure.

I really like Edelbrocks patented IAS valving system. It reacts to changes in driving style and conditions resulting in a firmer or softer ride. They were night and day from the original shocks.

Kurt, I did an all-at-once switch from stock suspension to OME springs and Edelbrock shocks. The ride and handling is amazingly better than stock.

But, since the springs and shocks were done at the same time, I really don't know if they are equally contributing to the improvement. I've never run OME shocks so I can't compare OME to Edelbrock.

But what I do know is that I noticed the significant improvement immediately - like by the time I was out of the shop's driveway.

Prices on the Edelbrocks ranged from $279 for four, all the way to $520.

Good luck,
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom