For Sale Old ARB rear bumper for FJ60 / FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the old ARB rear bumper but it does not fit my 86 FJ60. I found this out after drilling out the 6 rivets on the outer brackets and trying to fit the ARB on, and realizing the frame cross member sticks out 4" too far. Apparently the FJ62 frame has a crossmember that sits in further and this bumper was designed for that. Old threads suggest moving the cross member in the 4" but looking at it I can not see a way to even drill the upper rivets out much less drill new holes. So I am giving up on this, and offering it up for sale. Just make sure it will fit your frame! It is freshly powdercoated but over a few rust bubbles and a couple holes that are not visible when mounted. Nothing structural has these issues from what I can see. From what I've read some of the 86 and on 60 series have the rear cross members that is set further in, unfortunately mine does not.

Asking $750 obo to go towards a new bumper, not sure what it's worth but I know they are rare.

*price lowered

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

Last edited:
Some pics of my bumperless 60, you can see how far the cross member sits out. Plus the three rivets that need drilled out on the frame rail ends.

IMG_5245.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5252.JPG

Hmmmm ok, couple more questions- moving the cross member forward it will interfere with the inner box section and not fit inside its narrower C channel, right? And then how to drill the upper holes- long bit? And drill through both walls? Thanks!

Hi, Can you not put the old bumper back on ? Mike

With a bumper like that bolted to your ass end, do you really need a rear cross member?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom