OLD 45 Photos (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Owensexport,

Is that the same rig that had the...um... unfortunate incident with a body... happen to it? The one from the add? I think I recognise that bent fender. Was that the one which was wrecked? Gee, that would be a shame.

Josh

yep, that's the one. at least a lot of the parts will live on in gene's new rig

RIP

No Ige, say it aint so?! What a shame. That was such a nice truck- and such a great history.:) Pity.

Josh

Here is a photo of the Wagon that I sold to Gene and
he crashed...
This was taken in 1988 in front of Marv Spectors house.
genewagon.jpg

Steve, is that Keith's 40 in the backround? I don't think I've seen THAT rig in 20 years! I'm thinking I hooked Keith up with those tires and wheels back in '86 or '87.

Here is a photo of the Wagon that I sold to Gene and
he crashed...
This was taken in 1988 in front of Marv Spectors house.
genewagon.jpg

Wow Steve, I've never seen that picture before. Kinda like getting kicked in the nuts every time I see a new pic of our old wagon for the first time. I really loved that rig and it had one solid body. Thank God, that turned out to be a good thing for my protection. It had a rich history, and I'm glad that a lot of the parts in this pic (hood, right front fender, aprons, bumpers, right front and back doors, seats, tailgate, hatch, tail lights, rear quarter panels, steering, suspension, 2F, and everything mounted to dash) are being used to complete the new LV. Kind of like some of this LV gets to live on.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Steve, is that Keith's 40 in the backround? I don't think I've seen THAT rig in 20 years! I'm thinking I hooked Keith up with those tires and wheels back in '86 or '87.

Mark,
That is correct!!

As far as I know Robin B. in Duarte still owns it.

Wow Steve, I've never seen that picture before. Kinda like getting kicked in the nuts every time I see a new pic of our old wagon for the first time. I really loved that rig and it had one solid body. Thank God, that turned out to be a good thing for my protection. It had a rich history, and I'm glad that a lot of the parts in this pic (hood, right front fender, aprons, bumpers, right front and back doors, seats, tailgate, hatch, tail lights, rear quarter panels, steering, suspension, 2F, and everything mounted to dash) are being used to complete the new LV. Kind of like some of this LV gets to live on.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Gene, I was digging in my desk and found some old photos, that is what
kicked off this thread.
I have a few more of the green wagon and I will post them up soon.
Take care of your back!

More for Gene!!

genewagon2.jpg

genewagon3.jpg

genewagon4.jpg

You can just see the corner of my shortbed on the bottom photo.
I will get some old pictures of that soon!

HJ45 from Guatamala.
Still around california somewhere....
hj45.jpg

HJ45 from Guatamala.
Still around california somewhere....
hj45.jpg

Damn that is some fine sexy 45 seriese pics, love the history behinded every rig.......

And I was only born in 1965, what a newbie...........

Yes, this is a very cool thread. Most of my childhood pictures are with my dad under the hood of a Plymouth RoadRunner or Challenger of some sort. Unfortunately I didn't get into Toyota's until about 5 years ago when a local friend talked me out of buying a "HEEP" and took me out to the parking lot to tell me all about his 79FJ40.

See ya,

Dallas

our first cruiser...:steer: that thing never made any problems (besides oxidationg away). On the first tour it was quite strange not to spend the evenings under the car as before with my Land Rover :wrench::hillbilly:
It took us to Northafrica several times from Maroc to Libya and from Kenya to SA...wish I had never sold it

the rack on the side is to take f/g kayaks a long side, still be able to use the pop up roof...

1425268.jpg

the kid driving it now is 42 :D
18361730.jpg

109674975.jpg

still have the door, but they were pretty bad shape so I replaced them....wish I could find a new logo

besides the OME, ARB, disc front end/master......its pretty much the same

BTW, that is Bill Yarlott, original owner, saying goodbye to his truck and confident it will get a new life... Within a year, I had gone to Canada and bought a set of split rims and a full floater from a wrecking yard. Oh, and a 2f. The kid in the photo is in 14 now....

I am going to keep posting stuff until you guys add to
this thread!!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!!

1975? FJ55 Fire Truck in a Junk Yard near Tsuchiura Japan.
Photo taken in 1987
I bought this truck for $2000 and shipped it to the USA.

momi-ste-a.jpg

Do you have it sitting at Marvin's place now or is that a different one he has there?

I sold this firetruck almost 10 years ago....
Marv's were all imported by SOR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom