OLD 45 Photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are really cool. Double sided lenses, clear on front and red on back.
IMG_20230131_164048601_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230131_164056533_HDR.jpg

We have seen some FJ45 during our visits in the United Arab Emirates in the 90`s
But not a yellow one most military trucks.
Photo was shot by Preet Uday.
220913181659-card1-preet-uday-photographer-nostalgia-dubai-now.jpg

What color bulb is inside? Curious what an amber bulb would looks like with the red cover? Did you use a OEM factory turn signal and cut the back plate off and then weld a longer stem on it? I love the craftsmanship and mix of earlier parts on this one!
I went with a clear bulb but I may switch to amber. Yes I took an OEM factory turn signal, and put a light shield to separate the two colored lenses in the center of the housing. The base is solid aluminum and threaded all of the way through. The factory housing threads in from the top and a threaded lamp tube threads in from the bottom with a flat and lock washer and nut. It worked perfectly. About 1 month after I completed this a close up of this actual turn signal showed up on the net. The base is actually oval not round. Oh well, close enough. I made the lenses from some universal lights I found at Pep Boys. I had to grind about 3/8" off the outer edge but the pattern is very close to the OEM lens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom