oL Milk Jug [60 Build Up] (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slapped the frontrunner roof rack on yesteday am. Solo....steps to do it by yourself, not scratch the paint, and not blow your ballZ our are below...

i didn’t need the flat dolly. But i used that to roll It out of the garage. Flipped it onto the old floor mats, so as not to scratch it up...

i laid it against the truck with the front up, and had the unused carpet kit fender pieces on the roof. Lift carefully and slide it up the side, making sure that the carpet is under it all the way....works like a champ.

once up, i spin it. And use a couple of them “doubled-up” 2x4’s To get the height to put the feet on.....(normally you’d have the feet loosely in place....but that makes the solo job about impossible to not scratch up the truck)

then you just add the feet....and button up....40 min start to finish piddling at my pace........

anyhoo....I ordered the “tall kit” from Fontrunner....and, yep....its tall....I’m going to get the shorter legs and Lower it....so....

63B8F9AD-CDA7-4C64-81F5-75E146EDCDFA.jpeg
CD0CB262-6363-4F7A-A746-F47E7F4E292B.jpeg
26E62F4A-60C4-4712-B8EF-0F7FC1325B22.jpeg
5FCDF566-92E8-4DD1-9C84-D08EB5C6916F.jpeg
5A7BC08B-8AC7-4177-A48F-3DE947AEAE02.jpeg

Won’t be gapped for too long....ordered the shorter legs today from frontrunner.....should have em this weekend....

i may start the fuel injection and all the other under-the-hood stuff sooner than later....don’t want it laid up during the good weather stretch we have coming.....

Yeah. I know....I’ve got a ton of under hood and random parts to toss on. Bit its running so nicely right now and is so drivable, it all can wait.....

may put it on the back burner until spring....have something else in mind as well.....

i need some of these independent fab guys who I’ve contacted to get back with me on stuff....

new windshield and gasket and 4 new window regulators going in on Monday tho. Thanks @Onur for all the random parts....

Yeah. I know....I’ve got a ton of under hood and random parts to toss on. Bit its running so nicely right now and is so drivable, it all can wait.....

may put it on the back burner until spring....have something else in mind as well.....
This what you have in mind? :hillbilly:

1601421542738.png

Reactions: SAH
I really wanted him to finish his 55 to FJ60 axle fj80 suspension conversion brackets because i have a set of 60 axles and want to put them under the 55 on coils and was looking forward to seeing a set of brackets to make all that happen. But he scrapped those after some folks started quizing him on the geometry calcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom