1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK to put big lights in front of the radiator?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by e9999, Nov 11, 2003.

1. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

hi there, what's the consensus as far as putting big lights on the guard or bumper in front of the radiator, therefore blocking it to some extent? OK? I mean cooling wise. Any chance this may lead to overheating? Not a good thing (as Martha would say nowadays... <G> ) ?
    waddayallthink?
    Eric

2. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

My Hella 3000s have been in place for 10 years, through desert temps with A/C on, climbing mountain passes and towing 6000lbs. My lights are as close as possible to the grille for max air blocking, too. No problems. But it certainly is not helping things and if you're doing any or all of the above with a poorly maintained cooling system then bear it in mind.

Doug

3. 80and100cruisers

80and100cruisers SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    No issues that I know of. My bro has lights mounted in Texas heat, no problems.

-Matt

4. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Keep this thread in mind in conjunction with your question about a S/C and the comments you've received regarding a 100% functional cooling system Eric.

5. Asiarider

Asiarider

Haven't got any problems yet ::)

I won't place a S/C :D

Mike

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">