Oil Pressure Test Gauge Recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a recommendation for a brand of oil pressure test gauge that fits a 40? It’s my understanding that many come with adapters, but want to be sure that whatever I purchase has one that will fit. I’ve read reviews where test kits were missing adapters for a customer’s specific vehicle. Thanks!

"THIS" adapter is often required when connecting a mechanical gauge.

Do you mean which mechanical gauges will connect to a 2F where the factory sending unit mounts on the block?
Correct. Wide range of prices and many options out there so rather than throw darts I thought perhaps someone here might be well versed on them and could recommend one. Just trying to determine how far off my dash gauge is vs. reality.

I had one of those in my first 40. Just for looks, too uncertain about plumbing. My question for using one of those is do you have to burb out the air / prime the line with oil?

I had one of those in my first 40. Just for looks, too uncertain about plumbing. My question for using one of those is do you have to burb out the air / prime the line with oil?
Not a permanent one as a secondary on the dash, but rather a hand held to simply test oil pressure.

8E608890-48AA-4972-9A00-7204DA18EEFA.jpeg

1-1/2" Pressure 0-100 psi Mechanical White $45.95 1/8" NPT male (Screws directly to 1/8" NPT female)

4443K835 High Pressure 316 Stainless Tee Right Angle 1/8 BSPP female x 1/8 BSPT male
4092K711 Precision Extreme Pressure 316 Stainless 1/8 NPT Female x 1/8 BSPP Male (Gauge screws directly to this)
4443K806 Straight Connector with Hex Body BSPP Female

SET UP
1. Unscrew existing sending unit from engine block. Sending unit should be 1/8" BSPT male.

2. May need to screw in 1/8 BSPT nipple (which would be male on both ends) to extend working space. Nipples are available in 3/4" and 1-1/2" lengths and are male threads.

3. The 4443K835 Right Angle 1/8 BSPP female x 1/8 BSPT male Tee Fitting may be able to screw directly to engine block

4. The 1/8" BSPT existing sending unit may screw directly into the Female 1/8" BSPT Tee

5. The 4092K711 adapter screws into the other female Tee (1/8 NPT Female x 1/8 BSPP Male) (Gauge screws directly to this)

6. If a Nipple is used, then need straight connector female to female 1/8" BSPT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom