Oil pressure sensor/switch wiring harness (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ever since I bought my 94 5 years (60k miles) ago, the oil pressure gauge hasn't work. New sending unit, cleaned the terminals etc.

It's finally bothering me enough to dig further into it. I pulled the wiring harness that goes to the sender from my 97 parts truck and it looks like someone cut one of the wires. The 2 wires that go to the sending unit are intact but there's a 3rd cut wire that's just hanging out. Anyone know where that one goes? Wasn't connected on the parts truck (picked it up partly disassembled).

If replacing the harness doesn't fix the gauge, I guess the cluster portion could be bad? We shall see
PXL_20230202_224900936.jpg

ToyotaMatt on the forum makes a replacement/repro harness for the early models which is different from the later models, IIRC. You could send him a pm
to ask??

ToyotaMatt on the forum makes a replacement/repro harness for the early models which is different from the later models, IIRC. You could send him a pm
to ask??
I was unaware of this. Thanks!

Ever since I bought my 94 5 years (60k miles) ago, the oil pressure gauge hasn't work. New sending unit, cleaned the terminals etc.

It's finally bothering me enough to dig further into it. I pulled the wiring harness that goes to the sender from my 97 parts truck and it looks like someone cut one of the wires. The 2 wires that go to the sending unit are intact but there's a 3rd cut wire that's just hanging out. Anyone know where that one goes? Wasn't connected on the parts truck (picked it up partly disassembled).

If replacing the harness doesn't fix the gauge, I guess the cluster portion could be bad? We shall seeView attachment 3237268
I’m pretty sure that is the wire to the AC compressor clutch. So unrelated to the sending unit.

Your needle could have popped out of place also on your gauge cluster. That’s what mine did and I pulled the cluster hooked back up and it fixed the issue. And that other wire goes to your ac compressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom