Oil pressure gauge for 2F motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other day I started the crusher and ----NO OIL Pressure. Shut her down and assume that it is the sending unit that is bad. Wires are connected. How/where do I hook up a mechanical type sending unit to this motor. The diesel guys all have pictures and stuff. Saw little info for the 2F. Any help, appreciated. thanks, eric.

Driving an 83 FJ60 with 303xxx miles on it. I love my crusher.

montanabob1 said:
The other day I started the crusher and ----NO OIL Pressure. Shut her down and assume that it is the sending unit that is bad. Wires are connected. How/where do I hook up a mechanical type sending unit to this motor. The diesel guys all have pictures and stuff. Saw little info for the 2F. Any help, appreciated. thanks, eric.

Driving an 83 FJ60 with 303xxx miles on it. I love my crusher.

There are aftermarket pressure guages available, both with electrical sendors and mechanical ones. Look on websites for Autometer/VDO ect.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was a thread a few months ago about guages. Might have been in the 40 forum though...

The aftermarket sender goes right where the OEM one is, on the passenger side, down near the oil cooler, just in front of the dizzy.

I would just go to a local car quest and pick one up they are not to expensive and I would trust a mechanical one over a sending unit any day. To hook it up just remove the factory sending unit and use the fittings in the kit to install the new one. The best way to check the oil pressure is to unhook the coil, hookup the manual gauge and crank the engine. You should have some press within five to ten seconds,that way you dont risk damage by running with no pressure.

When I did the V8 conversion on my 40 I wanted to keep the stock guage but backed it up with a mechanical one. To do this I put a "t" on the pressure port and hooked the stock sending unit up and the mechanical one to the other side of the "t". I agree with benw4x4. Crank on the engine with out starting it to see if your getting pressure. Sort of like you do when your priming the oil pump for the first time. You should see oil pressure with in a few seconds.

gauges

Bought a gauge set from Wally World for 20 bucks. Mechanical oil pressure gauge. After running a tap into the hole to open it up to 1/8 NPT I installed the gauge and it works like a champ. Now to locate the temperature lead in the block, make that change and then hook up the ammeter. Amazing how steady the oil pressure is now with a real gauge in place. I suggest it to everyone. Thanks guys, eric.:bounce2: :bounce: :cheers: ;p

cruiser hole is close enough to NPT that a mechanical or electronic sender will work just fine.

I prefer Mechanical tho..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom