Oil Extractor - coolest thing since FJ55's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know i'm going to be ragged a bit for this one, but I just purchased an oil extractor so as to be able to do oil changes at home. I don't have much of a garage or smooth place to work.

It uses a vacuum pump to suck the oil out of your oil pan (inserted through the dip stick tube) so you don't have to crawl under the truck and drain it from the oil drain plug. I used it this morning to change the oil in the Mercedes and it only took about 20 minutes to change the oil.

here is a link:

http://www.pelaproducts.com/description.htm

I got the 14 liter model since the mercedes holds 8 liters of oil.

Last edited:
Did it get all of the oil out? How much oil did the car take when you re-filled it?

Oh good Lord! What's the use in changing your own oil if you can't get it all down your arm!

euclid said:
Did it get all of the oil out? How much oil did the car take when you re-filled it?

Yes. 8 liters removed - 8 liters back in per the manual. Hits the same spot on the stick...

I hate to interrupt a perfectly good technical-type thread here .... but I gotta. :grinpimp:

After seein' Tony strugglin' with tryin' to pour his beer into a cup and drink it .... just can't help but wonder if'n this mite assist his efforts. :flipoff2:

:flamingo:

Tony drinks a lot! He claims by pouring it in a cup it "releases the flavor". Must be something he learned up there at the "university". You would think that 9 years worth of college would have helped!!!!

Lager,

Bodean said:
Tony drinks a lot! He claims by pouring it in a cup it "releases the flavor". Must be something he learned up there at the "university". You would think that 9 years worth of college would have helped!!!!

Lager,

Are you just gonna sit there and take this crap killa'?

Funny

handala said:

I don't care who you are, that's funny!!

my bro inlaw has one. he likes it. thats all i can add.

The VW TDI folks swear by them because there is a belly pan with 14 fasteners that has to be removed in order to change oil the old fashioned way. For mine, it works better if I get the oil a little warm before using the extractor. I checked the volumes chaning the oil bath ways and they are very similar (actually i pulled more with the extractor than with the drain plug).

I also use it when I overfill a transmission(Don't ask). Since just about everything but a landcruiser doesn't have a tranny drain plug, this is the best way to fix an overfill.

Steve

I ran the engine for about 10 minutes before draining the oil so that it would flow better as well...

handala said:

He's in love right now so lets talk about him until he checks Mud! That'll teach him to neglect the forum!!!

gr82thdr said:
THAT'S the part where the hot, burning oil runs down my arms. What about the filter, Heath?

The filter was basically empty of oil after using the extractor, but that was on the mercedes which has a "special" filter. I'll probably be changing oil in the FJ55 this weekend and will let you know.

Bodean said:
He's in love right now so lets talk about him until he checks Mud! That'll teach him to neglect the forum!!!

I got no problem with 'im bein' in love ... but is someone actually lovin' 'im back? :flipoff2: :confused: :flipoff2:

:flamingo:

That's it you bitches, Love is great and love is grand, and I won't say that I don't have one hell of a hottie warmin my bed, but the fact of the matter is that I just bought a house and don't have internet access yet. I am actually hacking the neighbor right now. Y'all cut me some slack. Kowboy, you are one funny SOB. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom