Offset oem wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are my options to widen my stance with the factory wheels. I am leaning away from spacers, and don’t like the look of most aftermarket wheels and I haven’t come across any that look factory. Is there anything in 18” that would look check the box?

Running 275/70s but they look too sucked up under the wheel well width wise.

Beadlock conversion will widen your wheels about an inch. :grinpimp:

Lol I like the look of the oem 18’s though. That looks like it would change the look quite a bit

So you want a wider track but you don’t want spacers and you don’t want to change your wheels?

You have a lot to learn.

So you want a wider track but you don’t want spacers and you don’t want to change your wheels?

You have a lot to learn.

Seems like he’s willing to change to another OEM toyota wheel if it had a lower offset? Are tundra steelies a lower offset than our +60?

@swoop makenit easy on yourself, call Slee and buy their spacers. Not 1 reported issue with them.

you want wider track and like OEM wheels, use the quality spacers.Don’t make things harder than they need to be.

for R18 wheels the deepest offset toyota made was ET +56 on a 2014 Land Cruiser 75 rebirth only available in Australia and Middle East. If you want wider stance you’re gonna have to go aftermarket. Toyota OEM offset 0 or OEM offset -12 doesn’t exist in today’s world yet.

Ok, help me out here to confirm:
The stock offset of factory Landcruiser/LX 100 series (18" & 16") wheels is +60mm?
Is the stock offset of factory tundra 18" wheels +50mm?
then if you use 1" spacers (25.6mm?) with a factory tundra wheel, you are only adding +15mm per side?
Thanks

A +50mm offset rim will push the tire OUT 10mm compared to a +60mm rim so adding a 1” spacer to that would put you 35mm out from stock.

Ok, help me out here to confirm:
The stock offset of factory Landcruiser/LX 100 series (18" & 16") wheels is +60mm?
Is the stock offset of factory tundra 18" wheels +50mm?
then if you use 1" spacers (25.6mm?) with a factory tundra wheel, you are only adding +15mm per side?
Thanks

If your stock wheel offset numbers are correct, if you use 1" spacers with Tundra wheels the math is 50 - 25.4 = 24.6mm. That's your new wheel offset.

Like dividedan said, your new combo will stick out 35mm farther on each side compared to stock 100 wheels. You gain about 70mm of track width.

I run slee spacers on OEM 16s and 35" tires and previously ran BORA spacers on this truck as well. No issues, and I feel like I wheel it reasonably hard and have put a ton of miles on them in every condition you can think of.

I wouldn't worry for a second about spacers. To maintain OEM wheels but widen your track width it is literally your only option.

For me, my main concern is the shops that refuse to touch trucks with wheel spacers on them.

For me, my main concern is the shops that refuse to touch trucks with wheel spacers on them.

I've heard accounts that Discount Tire locations were ok with the bolted on, hub centric spacers like those that Slee (Spidertrax) and BORA offer. Maybe give your local shop a call to confirm?

I'm in the same boat as you, I like my current wheels, wanted more offset, and didn't like the idea of using a spacer. I eventually came to the conclusion that my options were limited and a quality spacer was the best route. My 1" BORA spacers should be here around the end of the month.

I have seen some shops that do that, I don't take my truck to the mechanic so I don't know how common that is personally.

EDIT: Actually in regards to the above comment I have gone to discount tire and they don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom