Offset Bushings for front control arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am replacing all the bushings and steering wear parts on my '97 this week and have a question regarding offset bushings for the front arms. I only have OME front springs with a 10mm lift over stock and the rears are 20mm with OME shocks. The suspension is totally stock otherwise, Ironman 4x4 was out of the stock front bushing kit and I bought the set with the offset bushings instead. Am I ok to use these with these mild lift springs or should I try and source stock bushings instead? Will it dramatically effect the alignment or pinion angle? I don't think I will ever lift the truck anymore as it's only street driven at this point.

How about finding out if you even need them in the first place given mild lift? Get a trusted pro to check your alignment. Caster should be 2-4 positive per Toyota. With that said, these aftermarket caster "correction" bushings are trash.

Gl!

You'll end up with more caster than you need.
It will give the steering a slightly heavy feel at times, but on the highway will track straight as an arrow!

Try a Toyota dealership for standard OEM bushes

Agree. Stay away from poly bushings. A 10 mm lift will likely result in less than 1/2 degree of negative castor. Rubber bushings are far superior compared to poly bushings and will will provide a much better ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom