OFFICIAL Sign-Up Thread for Christmas Tree Weekends support to Forest Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Saturday, December 14th:
SAS
COhunter
friend of COhunter
LC4Life
Stevenstuff & Renee (can you please come in two trucks?)
Patrickk
DaFunky69

We're REALLY skinny on Sunday, right now only two confirmed and one "maybe". If you can make it on Sunday, please do!

From the patrol today

IMG_20191214_150652.jpg

IMG_20191214_150213.jpg

Great pics, @DaFunky69 , and great to wheel with you today!

We had a good full crew today:
SAS
COhunter
LC4Life
Stevenstuff
Patrickk
DaFunky69
Black95
Vic

For the final day, Sunday, December 15th:
SAS
trukstuf (Chevy Colorado)
Kevin (Jeep TJ)
colorado_super_trooper (Isuzu Trooper)
Vic
twbland

It looks like I can be out on Sunday.

It was a great time on Saturday. I hope ya'll have a little more traffic today than we had.

The group I was with, Luke, Leon, Mike, and I got to pull one guy out. We were a little worried that he wasn't going to make it off the mountain, the way out for him had some gnarly slick spots that washed out downhill. I might still have some seat cushion stuck between my @$$ cheeks.

I would like know how many vehicles and patrons were helped, so that I can put something together for HighTrails.org, and the Colorado 4WD Association. If you guys could post up who you helped, and how, I could get a count.

12/8 - my group pulled out a Chevy Tahoe and a Subaru Forester.
12/8 - Subaru patrons were given a ride to town, due to significant vehicle damage.
12/14 - my group pulled out a Nissan Titan.

Last edited:
I would like know how many vehicles and patrons were helped, so that I can put something together for HighTrails.org, and the Colorado 4WD Association. If you guys could post up who you helped, and how, I could get a count.

12/8 - my group pulled out a Chevy Tahoe and a Subaru Forester.
12/14 - my group pulled out a Nissan Titan.

Josh and I helped recover (Maxtrax) two vehicles on 12/7. A Dodge Ram pickup and a Toyota 4Runner
Todd pulled a Dodge pickup out of the gutter on 12/8

Reactions: SAS
Josh and I helped recover (Maxtrax) two vehicles on 12/7. A Dodge Ram pickup and a Toyota 4Runner
Todd pulled a Dodge pickup out of the gutter on 12/8

First Saturday (7th). We helped out A Toyota and a Ram using maxtrax. We winched out a Ford Excursion that had slid off the main road and I believe the last two we winched out were a Raptor and a Jeep. I paired up with David in the AM and David H on Saturday late into the evening.

Sunday (8th) I paired up with Steve & Renee but we didn't run across anyone in need.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS
Thanks to the guys who came out today (Sunday 15th). We thought perhaps the weather might have been a deterrent--appears to be the case, but there were still probably 50+ vehicles on RR Road today. The snow really began to fall after 12pm, and near 2pm there were still some vehicles coming north to 351/327. We were off the mountain by 3pm, and cleared the FS Work Center shortly thereafter.

twbland
SAS
Vic
Kevin (Jeep TJ)
Zack (Isuzu Trooper)

Sounds busier than Saturday...

Help out Score: 12/7 Pull out Silver Dodge pickup (300), Pull out Jeep Cherokee and pull out Ford Raptor (351)
12/8 Pull out Dodge 3500, Change tire on Chevy pickup.

Volunteer hours (calculated by number of persons x duration) is estimated at 345 hours. @black95 this would be a good figure to include in the article for High Trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom