Official LX570s Picture Thread (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If memory serves me correct, the nose on the '16+ sticks out too far for this to likely be feasible. Worth calling Slee and asking. I'm sure they'd market it as an LC/LX front bumper if there was any way it could work. For reference, they will not install the ARB summit on a '16+ due to its close proximity to the grill. I asked.

Point of reference for ARB on LX vs LC

MhwxTdV.jpg

Capture.JPG

arb1283-1.jpg

Dissent is what I had planned to order... but open winch access on the Slee is where it's at.

I wrote Dissent earlier this week to see if they had plans to develop a '16+ LX front bumper with hoops. Ideally, this is what I'd love to see. Gonna hold out a while and see if Dissent, Slee or Trail Tailor comes up with something.

If memory serves me correct, the nose on the '16+ sticks out too far for this to likely be feasible. Worth calling Slee and asking. I'm sure they'd market it as an LC/LX front bumper if there was any way it could work. For reference, they will not install the ARB summit on a '16+ due to its close proximity to the grill. I asked.

Point of reference for ARB on LX vs LC

View attachment 3237847

Thanks for the pics. That doesn't look to be bad too be honest. The Slee bumper's light bar bull bar is bolt on, so i'd likely leave it off anyhow. I'll reach out and see what they say. I've got their skid plates in my shopping cart at the moment anyhow.

The gen1/gen2 LX nose (Plastics, grill), is about 1" to 1.5" (25 to 37mm) more protrusion than gen1/gen2 TLC nose. This is from my own 2009LX install using a TLC bumper. I haven't seen a measurement for the Gen 3 differences, but just looking at it, the gen 3 LX looks pointy, and the gen3 TLC looks flat, it could be 2" difference, just to throw a number out there.

This will be my last "non pic" in the pic thread.

Thank you for your interest in our services and products. We are in the process of manufacturing a specific LX570 Slee Front Bumper. I would suspect (to early to tell likely) but it will be available end of this year. I look forward to working with you.

This is the reply I just received from @sleeoffroad

It'll be hard to wait to add a winch, but may be worthwhile given their open winch design.

Here is a dissent on a 2016+ in case you haven’t seen it yet. You can see the grill appears to protrude pst the bumper, but that may be a camera trick.

Here is a dissent on a 2016+ in case you haven’t seen it yet.

oh I have, and I love it. I've had their bumper in my cart more than once. It's beautiful, but after my last "lo pro" on my 4runner and having a winch line break ... I hate having to take it all off to service.

This will be my last "non pic" in the pic thread.

This is the reply I just received from @sleeoffroad

It'll be hard to wait to add a winch, but may be worthwhile given their open winch design.
Hopefully it'll be compatible with the '16+. Perhaps that was the topic of the email and therefore what they were speaking to.

Hopefully it'll be compatible with the '16+. Perhaps that was the topic of the email and therefore what they were speaking to.
Yep, sorry I didn't copy and paste my initial question, but it was in regards specifically to 2016+ LX570s.

oh I have, and I love it. I've had their bumper in my cart more than once. It's beautiful, but after my last "lo pro" on my 4runner and having a winch line break ... I hate having to take it all off to service.
Here a Rival4x4 gen1 tlc bumper on a gen1 LX. Is this good winch access? For reference my fist won’t fit, but my arm pst the elbow will. I wear size large gloves.
I had the whole line off to put on the line safety, did that all with winch in place pretty easily.

DB315D55-1EA0-4640-B64A-2701A72311A9.jpeg

7E1151C8-B4BF-4992-B967-2EF1ACC5BD6B.jpeg

Here a Rival4x4 gen1 tlc bumper on a gen1 LX. Is this good winch access? For reference my fist won’t fit, but my arm pst the elbow will. I wear size large gloves.
I had the whole line off to put on the line safety, did that all with winch in place pretty easily.

View attachment 3237963

View attachment 3237964
Looks to have much better access than the Dissent. Dissent is def easy to access your clutch, but the times you need to address winch line issues is where they become a pain (at least in my experience as a 280lb “big boned” individual 😂)

View attachment 3237963

View attachment 3237964
What sort of contraption are you using on your winch line? I have been looking for ways to get rid of the metal hook on my winch line and this seems like a good way to do that.

photo thread:
1ace20df-79a8-4f26-9cc9-4957ab8af452-jpeg.2801204
Is that the 'LX' version of the Dissent bumper, or a TLC version fit to an LX?

The LX version is a bit longer front to back. Previous to the LX version, there were spacer blocks included for the horns, using the TLC bumper. I'm sure on the Dissent owners can improve and correct on this history if I messed it up.

Open Q - is the LX version long enough for a gen 3 LX front end?

What sort of contraption are you using on your winch line? I have been looking for ways to get rid of the metal hook on my winch line and this seems like a good way to do that.
That's a hockey puck with a hole drilled in it.

I routed out a groove to be fancy so it would lay flat and could use the winch line loop, but then I just put a cheap soft shackle on it, and when UV has it's way I'll just replace the shackle.

<edit: I had bought a Warn super shackle or whatever it was called, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm fully on the no metal in the recovery chain train now.>

Is that the 'LX' version of the Dissent bumper, or a TLC version fit to an LX?

The LX version is a bit longer front to back. Previous to the LX version, there were spacer blocks included for the horns, using the TLC bumper. I'm sure on the Dissent owners can improve and correct on this history if I messed it up.

Open Q - is the LX version long enough for a gen 3 LX front end?
This is not my truck guys. @DenverLX

His post is referenced above from @lx200inAR

That's a hockey puck with a hole drilled in it.

I routed out a groove to be fancy so it would lay flat and could use the winch line loop, but then I just put a cheap soft shackle on it, and when UV has it's way I'll just replace the shackle.

<edit: I had bought a Warn super shackle or whatever it was called, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm fully on the no metal in the recovery chain train now.>
Love it. Definitely beats having to buy a freaking $300 freedom rope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom