Official LX570s Picture Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

really like the look of the michelin t/a2's...very good tire and fit on the truck. I have 17" Evo wheels and thinking of doing 285/70/17 t/a2's. how do you like them?

I like them. Very quiet and the benefit is that if you keep an eye on FB Marketplace, you can find a set of takeoffs or takeoffs+wheels from Tundras pretty regularly.

I got my 18" BBS TRD Pro wheels + the Michelins for around $2k on FB Marketplace. The tires by themselves are usually $280/each + the wheels at $500/each.

The only thing I dislike when they are brand new is that the tread is so deep that I can sometimes feel a bit of "sway" going around a corner.

I like them. Very quiet and the benefit is that if you keep an eye on FB Marketplace, you can find a set of takeoffs or takeoffs+wheels from Tundras pretty regularly.

I got my 18" BBS TRD Pro wheels + the Michelins for around $2k on FB Marketplace. The tires by themselves are usually $280/each + the wheels at $500/each.

The only thing I dislike when they are brand new is that the tread is so deep that I can sometimes feel a bit of "sway" going around a corner.

A few days ago I was sold on going with KO2's in 285/70/17- C's. Now I'm flipping like a fish on the dock!!

I am looking at the Michelin Defender LTX M/S tire as well. And honestly starting to put some serious thought into considering the Defenders or the A/T2's in 265/70/17 size vs 285/70/17. The Defenders are 10.9" wide ...A/T2's are 10.7 respectively. I have a little research going on regarding braking, handling, contact patch etc of the thinner tire on the LX. Lot's of good reasons to consider both of the Michelin's in the thinner tire.

A few days ago I was sold on going with KO2's in 285/70/17- C's. Now I'm flipping like a fish on the dock!!

I am looking at the Michelin Defender LTX M/S tire as well. And honestly starting to put some serious thought into considering the Defenders or the A/T2's in 265/70/17 size vs 285/70/17. The Defenders are 10.9" wide ...A/T2's are 10.7 respectively. I have a little research going on regarding braking, handling, contact patch etc of the thinner tire on the LX. Lot's of good reasons to consider both of the Michelin's in the thinner tire.
These are fairly close to you and have 5,000 miles on them. You could probably talk him down to $700-$800 and you get to try out the Michelin AT2, plus get a set of 18” Tundra wheels. If you don’t like them, resell them.

Take a look at Falken AT3W as well. I like them more than KO2.

Skinny is in.
Here’s what a 10.5” looks like.

11827E89-40E1-4596-87FA-750A40B35BC0.jpeg

"The Guzzler" ...I love it!! They look great! How do they drive/ride?
Amazing. I’m super pleased. These are 35x10.5r17 Kenda RT at +35mm. I rolled 275/65r18 and 275/80r18 previously though.

These are fairly close to you and have 5,000 miles on them. You could probably talk him down to $700-$800 and you get to try out the Michelin AT2, plus get a set of 18” Tundra wheels. If you don’t like them, resell them.

Thank you for the heads up on the tires/wheels! Very nice of you! I have a brand new set of Evo Corse DakarZero 17x8 wheels I am putting on my LX or ...I might have chased them! Thank you!!

I love the Mich AT2s if they had the size I wanted I would have gotten them no question.

Take a look at Falken AT3W as well. I like them more than KO2.

Maybe anecdotal, but I have several friends with Raptors and they come fitted stock with a certain benchmark tire. My buddy this morning was all excited to tell me he got Falken AT3Ws and is looking forward to our next offroad trip. $1600+ for the set and he was happy to spend it.

No longer the discount option it once was. Falken's have earned a reputation as a performance option to possibly pay a premium for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom