Official LX570s Picture Thread (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And some gratuitous sunset shots:

IMG_9633.jpg

IMG_9638.jpg

Beautiful place, great pics... Seeing your rig makes me have less dislike for 20’s. That looks great and there’s some sidewall. The bumpers and the rack somehow make it all work.

I was hellbent on ditching mine but your rig causes me to give pause.

Thanks. I have to be honest that while I don't hate them as much as I did at first, I still plan on moving to 18s (or Rock Warriors if I can find some).

I will say that I have had no problems at all with my current setup and I do like the look of it, but there are three major flaws that I see:

1) The ride and handling is not great. This is true for stock, not just with the KO2s. I know it is an aesthetics thing, but I cannot understand why Toyota went with 20s on this truck. It boggles the mind.

2) While the sidewall issue is not as bad as I expected, it is still an issue. I don't need to air down often, but the few times that I do, I am limited in how much I am able. Also, there isn't enough bulge to protect the wheels.

3) Weight. The unsprung weight is bad enough and I feel like if I'm going to pay that penalty, I would prefer to have a taller, narrower tire on a smaller diameter (and lighter) wheel rather than paying for the useless material in a larger diameter wheel.

Thanks. I have to be honest that while I don't hate them as much as I did at first, I still plan on moving to 18s (or Rock Warriors if I can find some).

I will say that I have had no problems at all with my current setup and I do like the look of it, but there are three major flaws that I see:

1) The ride and handling is not great. This is true for stock, not just with the KO2s. I know it is an aesthetics thing, but I cannot understand why Toyota went with 20s on this truck. It boggles the mind.

2) While the sidewall issue is not as bad as I expected, it is still an issue. I don't need to air down often, but the few times that I do, I am limited in how much I am able. Also, there isn't enough bulge to protect the wheels.

3) Weight. The unsprung weight is bad enough and I feel like if I'm going to pay that penalty, I would prefer to have a taller, narrower tire on a smaller diameter (and lighter) wheel rather than paying for the useless material in a larger diameter wheel.
Great info and I agree with all of it. I do very limited off-roading. Airing down is more of a beach thing than a rock thing for me and I now feel inspired to pursue the roof rack first and perhaps bumpers. Just tonight I had lumber on the stupid short OE rack. @FlightMedic178 ’s minimalist but very functional bumpers have my attention.

18’s are still a high priority but your rig has style and beefiness on 20’s so I know what’s achievable. I have been looking at rims lik crazy but I actually like the aesthetic of the stock rim I just wish there was a 18” variant.

Great info and I agree with all of it. I do very limited off-roading. Airing down is more of a beach thing than a rock thing for me and I now feel inspired to pursue the roof rack first and perhaps bumpers. Just tonight I had lumber on the stupid short OE rack. @FlightMedic178 ’s minimalist but very functional bumpers have my attention.

18’s are still a high priority but your rig has style and beefiness on 20’s so I know what’s achievable. I have been looking at rims lik crazy but I actually like the aesthetic of the stock rim I just wish there was a 18” variant.

I agree completely. Although I had to replace the tires on the truck as soon as I purchased it, I have been able to defer a full wheel/tire replacement and focus on other things precisely because it has worked out better than I expected. I thought I would have the combo for about 6 months but it has been almost 2 years now. It hasn't prevented me from going anywhere. I have never been worried about blowing a tire and I am not particularly kind to them and don't always air down when I probably should.

I have, on the other hand, turned around on trails before because ripping off my bumpers was a very real risk. I have scraped them a few times without major damage but it was a matter of time. With the Dissent bumpers, I don't even think about it anymore. It was a much better investment than new wheels and tires.

Definitely great looking truck . That Dissent armor looks really sharp. @1world1love . The current tire size you have on there, even though AT, looks low profile. Somewhat in contrast to the look of the rest of the rig.

Get yourself some nice meaty tires.

Whether 17s/18s. Just as much an opportunity is to mount some 33-34 tires on those 20" wheels. My 33.2" x 12.5" ride quite plush at 36 psi. I prefer to run them a bit higher around 38 psi as I prefer the added sidewall stability while cornering (I like to drive hard). I credit the better road manners to the sidewall my tire has, but also the bulged geometry that allows the sidewall more compliance. Vs KO2s that have a very square and lower profile sidewall shape. My intent with the 305s was added braking, cornering, flotation. And it does a great job of protecting the wheels for the pinches and squeezes I'e been through. It's really a well rounded size IMO for my mixed use.

Last edited:
6WWqPca.jpg

Winter came sooner than expected!

The ARB Twin is a serious piece of kit. It might be my favorite mod. I do find the hose to be tragically bad for the price though.

ZCiPuQN.jpg

^I have the same hose. Don't really find anything particularly good/bad about it. What don't you like?

I think it is what it is largely for it's ability to withstand high heat.

Rig looking great btw! Is winter already here?

^I have the same hose. Don't really find anything particularly good/bad about it. What don't you like?

I think it is what it is largely for it's ability to withstand high heat.

Rig looking great btw! Is winter already here?

Thanks! I think the inner diameter of the hose is too thin. Mine is pinched all the time moving from tire to tire. The digital inflater is nice but I haven’t yet mastered getting a positive seal on the valve stem.

No snow in the low lands yet but dusting @ 3500ft and blowing sideways @ 5800ft.

Thanks! I think the inner diameter of the hose is too thin. Mine is pinched all the time moving from tire to tire. The digital inflater is nice but I haven’t yet mastered getting a positive seal on the valve stem.

No snow in the low lands yet but dusting @ 3500ft and blowing sideways @ 5800ft.

My ARB hose self destructed at LCDC this summer. My compressor is mounted in the same spot as yours, and the hose end near the compressor blew itself out of the stress relief molding. The end of the hose was clean, so I think the pressure on it at an angle just popped it out of the pressure fitting. Have been much happier with a regular hose from the hardware store, a 90 degree swivel fitting to connect to the compressor and a lock on air chuck at the end.

The pics are great! Where'd you guys go? I've been curious how things are looking up in the mountains with all the low level snow we've had around here the past few weeks.

I like my ARB hose, but have only used it a few times.

Spent some 3-4 hours on dirt, mud and snow today. Exploring more local trails.

20191020_134307.jpg

20191020_140342.jpg

20191020_140355.jpg

My ARB hose self destructed at LCDC this summer. My compressor is mounted in the same spot as yours, and the hose end near the compressor blew itself out of the stress relief molding. The end of the hose was clean, so I think the pressure on it at an angle just popped it out of the pressure fitting. Have been much happier with a regular hose from the hardware store, a 90 degree swivel fitting to connect to the compressor and a lock on air chuck at the end.

The pics are great! Where'd you guys go? I've been curious how things are looking up in the mountains with all the low level snow we've had around here the past few weeks.

Mostly around Packwood and up to Cle Elum area. Lots of snow on the ground in Cle Elum north of Salmon La Sac!

cJdflf1.jpg

LX performed amazingly well on family trip to New Mexico. Mostly a prospecting trip for next summer. Can't wait to get back out there. For other TX/OK 200 series owners, it's worth the trip. I picked this area because I could get there in about 8 hours.

Here's the first day near the top of ELK Mountain via Pecos Valley:

DSC_0911- top of Elk Mtn.jpeg

Switching to 17" wheels made the gravel and dirt roads SO comfortable. Even with E rated tires we never aired down.

The second day we came in from the East via Las Vegas NM, and went to the top of Johnson Mesa.

I know this is the only place anyone would appreciate this, but I had the go pro with me the second day and I recorded a section of the trail back out of the canyon near Johnson Mesa if you care to watch.

Last edited:
^Very cool. What version of the GoPro was that and did it have some form stabilization active?

^Very cool. What version of the GoPro was that and did it have some form stabilization active?

Nothing special. A GoPro 6 black I bought cheap on eBay with a suction cup mount to the windshield. Had no idea how it would turn out, but wish I had it up the whole trip after viewing the footage. I may make this part of my standard set up.

Ah, yes, that one has pretty good stabilization which make the off-road video nice and buttery. I'm sure the 17's and AHC are doing their part too :)

Ah, yes, that one has pretty good stabilization which make the off-road video nice and buttery. I'm sure the 17's and AHC are doing their part too :)

100% sold on this platform. Imagine hours of roads like this with a family in just about any other vehicle? In my Tacoma I could hear my dog banging around on a regular basis on lesser roads. In fact, I think she was asleep when I had the GoPro running. Not to mention, after we hit hard surfaces, I set the cruise to 80 and glide home.

LX performed amazingly well on family trip to New Mexico. Mostly a prospecting trip for next summer. Can't wait to get back out there. For other TX/OK 200 series owners, it's worth the trip. I picked this area because I could get there in about 8 hours.

Here's the first day near the top of ELK Mountain via Pecos Valley:

View attachment 2112320

Switching to 17" wheels made the gravel and dirt roads SO comfortable. Even with E rated tires we never aired down.

The second day we came in from the East via Las Vegas NM, and went to the top of Johnson Mesa.

I know this is the only place anyone would appreciate this, but I had the go pro with me the second day and I recorded a section of the trail back out of the canyon near Johnson Mesa of you care to watch.

What wheels are those and what size tires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom