Official LX570s Picture Thread (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you guys have to take off rocker panels to cut, or did you guys do the cutting on car? Any close up pics of where you guys cut?
I left mine on the car to mark where I wanted to cut, then took them off. It's really pretty painless.

Exactly what @tbisaacs said. It took maybe 3-4 on/off cycles to get the angles right on one side, then the other side was much quicker.

Slee sliders are on and retained the factory LX rocker panels just trimmed up. I couldn’t do work this good, but Greg made it look easy. If you’re skilled with a reciprocating tool and get sliders I’d just cut the rockers like this.

View attachment 1959059

Looks BEEFY! Did you finish up bumper and winch or take a break to knock out the sliders?

Looks BEEFY! Did you finish up bumper and winch or take a break to knock out the sliders?

Didn't finish the front bumpers - Greg is welding some additional plates on his to get it to fit the LX lines. Mine is torn apart ready for some free time next weekend, but the snorkels and sliders are on and ready to rock.

Look at what’s stamped into the front and rear fenders on an LX570:

0B68C1F7-30D1-4DAA-AD6B-BA90018144E6.jpeg
DF9F923E-1B75-428B-A4E0-AF03F1595A2B.jpeg

Lexus is a brand created by marketing executives to sell a higher priced Toyota. It's a Toyota.

Glad the marketing executives had the piece of mind to create Lexus. Yet proud it has the bones of a Toyota, Toyota Land Cruiser that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: HGB
Chalk test results seem to indicate Greg needs to drop a couple PSI there to get full tread contact lol

I don't recall @mcgaskins ever asking about the RCTIP for the LT285/70R18 E 127/124Q tires on an LX570...

But if he did, I'd tell him that the RCTIP for the LT285/70R18 E 127/124Q tires on his LX570 is 35psi F/R.

I just can't help myself :wacky:

I don't recall @mcgaskins ever asking about the RCTIP for the LT285/70R18 E 127/124Q tires on an LX570...

But if he did, I'd tell him that the RCTIP for the LT285/70R18 E 127/124Q tires on his LX570 is 35psi F/R.

I just can't help myself :wacky:

That's actually the size I run on the Land Cruiser, and you have provided with the info so thank you!

I do have a new request though. How about 37x12.50 Cooper AT3 XLT on an LX570 (it is heavy as well with sliders, front/rear bumpers, winch and drawers).

That's actually the size I run on the Land Cruiser, and you have provided with the info so thank you!

I do have a new request though. How about 37x12.50 Cooper AT3 XLT on an LX570 (it is heavy as well with sliders, front/rear bumpers, winch and drawers).

Just to confirm: The RCTIP for the LT285/70R18 E 127/124Q tires on a LC200 is 38psi F/R.

I'm assuming 37X12.50R17LT 124R Load Range D Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT

The RCTIP for 37X12.50R17LT on your LX570 is 25psi F/R.

This pressure is good up to the GVWR (7275LB) of the LX570 - beyond that is up to you.

HTH

Just to confirm: The RCTIP for the LT285/70R18 E 127/124Q tires on a LC200 is 38psi F/R.

I'm assuming 37X12.50R17LT 124R Load Range D Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT

The RCTIP for 37X12.50R17LT on your LX570 is 25psi F/R.

This pressure is good up to the GVWR (7275LB) of the LX570 - beyond that is up to you.

HTH

Thanks! You are the man!

Hi all. I have had my 2013 LX for more than a year now. I currently have 285/55/20 KO2s on stock wheels. These have performed pretty well, but there are some downsides.

I am now pondering my next wheel/tire combo and am looking for some recommendations. I have looked through many threads and the LC tire/wheel spreadsheet, and it is hard to keep track of what combinations are legitimate and preferable options for the LX crowd. So I thought I would put it to my fellow LXers. What wheel/tire (including sizes/offsets) combo do you recommend?

Last edited:
AHC lift (or any lift) won’t help you fit larger tires. The tire still needs fit in the same space under compression. You are only changing the starting point from which the suspension cycles from.

While KO2s are a stalwart and have a great reputation, there are more modern options such as General Grabber ATX and Cooper XLT that just hit the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom