"Official" FJC Pricing comments thread.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JetFixer - Was (is) thet Courtesy Toyota ? They are theiving bastids....
The above comment does not consitute the opinions or position of
MUD.com or any other members: it is the opinion base on
my experience....

Bounder: thanks for info: went (3-28-06) to Stewart (Lake Park) 'Yota...didn't see one (didn't ask....) was the Black Cherry at Toy of PB ?
Also, if ya see a blue-grey FJ60 with rear swingout spare...it's me !

looks like MSRP in Austin.

although they've put on tape stripes as part of an 1800 dollar package. Why?

LandCruiserSteve said:
It's not price fixing if dealerships are asking any ridiculous price they want. And, that's exactly what they're doing. :rolleyes:

I sent that seller an email saying if he was going to ask
15K over list he could at least use in focus pictures. He
replied ... "Only 5 in the country ... 8 month waiting list."

Nice.

Paul

kbtrans said:
I sent that seller an email saying if he was going to ask
15K over list he could at least use in focus pictures. He
replied ... "Only 5 in the country ... 8 month waiting list."

Nice.

Paul

and you should have replied something about how more than 5 people on this website have one.

lunyou

MSRP. No deposit. Honest sales manager at San Francisco area (City Toyota) dealership.

The FL dealer sites now allow you to see the inventory, and availability date. Shows 280 FJs available in the SE over the next two weeks or so.

Based on the waiting lists going up in smoke when people see the premium asking price, I'd say there won't be very many sales at sticker and above for very long.

lunyou said:
and you should have replied something about how more than 5 people on this website have one.

lunyou

I did reply telling him I sat in one Tuesday night I could
have had for MSRP and that dealer alone had already
received 8 of 'em. I may have called him a scumbag in
there somewhere too:cool:

I have posted on this in a few places already but yes it sucks this is ridiculous I would have walked away with one but now I refuse. It marrs the Toyota name when someone is looking forward to buying this for under 30 and is now stuck in the mid thirties or higher.

I recently had a problem with them at the dealership Expressway and Kendall toyota and I expressed my feelings to Toyotas directly at the following site. Maybe we should all do the same. I posted my email to Toy here https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=78663

You can speak to them as well at http://toyota.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/t..._intercept.php

This is a response I got...maybe you can even call them?
Thank you for contacting Toyota. We are currently experiencing extremely high volume. If you need immediate assistance with your vehicle please contact the Customer Relations Manager at your local Toyota dealership. You may also reach us by telephone at 800-334-4331 Monday through Friday, 5:00AM - 6:00PM PT, and Saturday from 7:00AM - 4:00PM PT.

Last edited:
My local dealership (southeast GA) finally decided to not go with the MSRP+preminum since the FJCs are starting to roll in on a regular basis. I'll give them credit for that. But, they're lowballing trade-in appraisals to almost nothing. I guess they'll getcha at one end or the other. :rolleyes:

Claremont, CA

MSRP + $7000 at Toyota of Claremont in CA. Base price was $23K, but after options it was $31K! So after the markup, $38K. All I could say to the guy was Wow.

The guy said they received 19 of them, and sold the first one for MSRP + $12,000! They only had 3 left at the time.

Price variable in SW Florida

I posted this in a reply to another message, but will repeat the info here. I bought the first FJC at Cramer Toyota in Venice, FL a week ago, and paid MSRP. Today I visited a Toyota dealer not far north. They are selling their FJC inventory at MSRP+$7995 ("market adjustment"). I also visited Cramer Toyota again to talk to the parts manager. They sold another FJC today at MSRP. Pick your dealer, and avoid the "market adjustment" scam. As always, buyer beware.

I don't believe that for a second.

sbaker said:
MSRP + $7000 at Toyota of Claremont in CA. Base price was $23K, but after options it was $31K! So after the markup, $38K. All I could say to the guy was Wow.

The guy said they received 19 of them, and sold the first one for MSRP + $12,000! They only had 3 left at the time.

mobi-arc said:

Just reporting what the sales guy told me. He may have been trying to build up the hype. But the 38K was on the windshield.

Sean.

Reminds me of the high times in the Bay area in late 90's when Nasdaq was around 5000 points and everyone and his cousin were millionaires. There was such a rush on Porsches, and since Porsche does NOT allow their dealers to charge more than MSRP so the dealers all did this - they all pre-ordered/bought up all Porsches before the customers can say "cash my stock options", drove it around for 100 miles or something like that, then turn around and resell them as "used" Porsches and $$$ above MSRP of NEW Porsches.

If you want to buy only NEW Porsches, they'd put u on waiting list and off u wait for more than 6 months.

mobi-arc said:
Well when I went to the Toyo pages, they have a "build your own" feature and he's probably right starting at 23 going to 31 with plenty of options. But the mark up is where you get hosed!:doh:

The dealer where we bought ours (Toyota of Redlands, CA) was asking $3,000 over and we got out of there with $1,000 over.

TLCgrappler said:
Frankly, if you were going to pay one of these premiums, you should demand something of real value for it, like a 7 year extended transferrable warranty and free scheduled maintenance.......plus a 25% discount on all parts purchases and free loaners.

Absolutely. The dealer where I bought mine (atlanta) was not willing to come off the $5000 premium, but threw in 84 month extended warranty, service package to 45K miles, and gave me WAY more than my 2000 Xterra was worth in trade in to make up for it. All-in-all, I probably paid a bit too much, but I don't feel like I was ripped off. They have also been awesome with following up with me and making sure everything is going OK and that I am happy. After taking delivery, I noticed that there was a small rock chip on the front fender (that wasn't there when I test drove it...but then someone else drove it after me while we were working on numbers) and it's in the shop on them, loaner car included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom