Official 2006 LSLC Roundup Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had to leave a little early also, but I had an excellent time. I never even wheeled my truck, but had just as much fun as if I had. Thanks to everyone that made it happen and to all that made a long trip to get here, I hope Roundup met your expectations.

Also, hopefully without putting him completely over the edge, I want to personally thank Kowboy and his crew for doing a great job in getting things done. This was my first event as an officer and I had no idea the amount of work that goes into one.

The Austin crew also deserves a big thanks. They also stepped up to the plate and worked their butts off. My hats off to you guys.
G

That is very cool. Thanks for taking those pictures.
usa3yt.gif

Jen and I had a fantastic time. Thanks to everyone for making Jen feel right at home... What a great time!

:grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
IMG_0166.jpg

Last edited:
Waggoner5 said:
Also, hopefully without putting him completely over the edge, I want to personally thank Kowboy and his crew for doing a great job in getting things done. This was my first event as an officer and I had no idea the amount of work that goes into one.

Your welcome sir. :cool:

The White Trash are proud to have done our part and look forward to doin' the same next year as well. :beer:

BTW, for the record, we got that raffle spinny deal in Elwood and that kegerator thang ended up with Edwin in Austin.

:flamingo:

Thanks to Butch, Gary, Bruce and the rest of the gang (LSLC & TWTOTE) for making us feel at home. Barb and I had a blast... I didn't wheel but I let her have the run of the place.... she is still grinning from ear-to-ear!

Props to the Hard 8 for the best briskit I think I've ever had (besides Butch's of course ;)) and the band absolutley rocked!

Already planning for next year... :)

Technically the raffle bin is mine. My Dad built it out of an old ice cream freezer. I asked Kowboy or Josh or Fro or somebody wearing an olive shirt to take back to Elwood for storage. I gave Chris & Marde 6000 white raffle tickets so we have enough for next time.

I thought the luminous sticks worked out well. With all those folks leaving after the raffle, at least you could see the kids. ;)

Happy Trails! N

Green Lantern said:
I thought the luminous sticks worked out well. With all those folks leaving after the raffle, at least you could see the kids. ;)

Happy Trails! N

Yeah they were cool, my kids ended up with about 20 of em by the end. They built a rocket and a cruiser with em but my camera wouldn't take the cruiser pic for some reason. :mad:
IMG_2873 (Small).JPG

Ya man, my wife couldn't believe that you rolled that thing and it didn't even phase it. Love the stripes too and excellent work on that cage. Thanks for posting up the pics, and some of those reflection shots ought to be in the featured photos on the MUD home page. Nice job. I just remembered I took some of those shots of you with your camera, cool. :D

See ya next year man. Jeremy

:beer:

LilRicky said:
Man, I had a great time. JDH Band was great, and a good time was had by all. I did my first flop, but the body armor did its job and there is not a scratch on the sheet metal. Here is a link to some pics:

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=3961141704011490/l=85163550/cobrandOid=1000131/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Enjoy!

-Rick

Last edited:
How can I say enough - THANK YOU, and we had a GREAT time! 2800 miles, ~55 hours driving, 266 gallons of #2, and 8 gallons of propane later...

Grog & Julie - Thanks again for everything - Your hospitality & generosity was over and above!

To the entire LSLC chapter - you put on a kick-ass event! Worth the drive for sure.... Traction..what a neat concept! Would love to get some of that stuff around here.

I had an absolute ball.. it was fantastic to put faces with so many names, and everyone was very friendly.. even those Kalifornia guys, who get MAJOR props for driving all that way... especially Mark, doing it in a 45!

Preliminary carnage -
1 axle shaft
1-2 Newfields (I think)
Saginaw steering box
5 staples in my melon :flipoff2:
But I won a Wally Crawler, so it's all good. :D

Thanks to all that were part of this. The Slee crew really enjoyed it. I took some carnage on the doors and broke two Aisin hubs. But that gave me a chance to pull my rear axle shafts and see how twisted they are.

Wife had a great time and we enjoyed boogying with the band, except I had to wear some goofy hat. :D

I'm about back to as normal as I get. Monday was rough. As Peter Brown said, I'm too old for Roundup. :crybaby:

I want to thank Rich Quinlan for lugging R.J.'s 40 down and back. He had a blast. :cool: Also Nolen and Julie Grogan for not only putting up with too many rowdy guests but for feeding us some mighty fine grub. PBR on cots in the driveway, doesn't get much better than that. :D

Thanks also to Gary Cobberly and Peter Brown for working their butts off spotting. Might nice of you.

Need to thank Butch for the hookup on wheeling with the band. Jim Reiss for the chili, Skyler for entertaining me from the passenger seat on Friday, McKady for the jabbering on Thursday, R.J. for sleeping most of the way home. :rolleyes: Tracy McPherson for some excellent food and drink when we got back to Tennessee. Thanks to Lone Star and the White Trash for putting this deal on. It's done right and you all should be proud. Thanks to Slee for the jacket and CCOT for the shackles, and to everyone else who donated raffle prizes. Yeah Mark, thanks for the carabineer. ;p

Thanks to the Kruse family and Shain Chapman for the hospitality. And to the Hard 8 for existing.

I'd like to thank the Academy, my parents, my dog, my neurosurgeon and many many others but I am weary and must rest my girlie bones.

Goodnight Irene.

TJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom