SOLD OFF MARKET (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm about to list my 2014 LC. It has 59,000 miles and is in mint condition. I've never even had it off road yet.

I'll make a list of mods so far:

Arb lockers and heavy duty compressor
4:88 gears,
40 gallon aux tank
set of 6 TRD Rock warrior wheels and new K3 tires.
Budbuilt skids and sliders.
Safari snorkel from Slee..

IBS dual battery setup.

BP 51 suspension & SPC upper control arms.

Everything pretty much but bumpers and winch.....and I am proceeding with that in a couple of weeks unless someone buys it. So that would add another 3-$4000 in price

Last edited:
Hey Jim - Purely my $.02, but mods are a bit of a mixed bag. I think it really comes down to finding the right buyer that places the right value in some of the aftermarket goodies that have been installed.

I'm coming from a few other vehicle communities, and mods seem to slim the market significantly, and bring anywhere from slightly above nothing to MAYBE 30% of original cost.

The LC community seems a bit more unique, where the right mods seem to hold a bit more of their value if tastefully/properly done. There are quite a few folks seeking out built rigs to potentially avoid some of the up front cost associated with new parts, labor, etc., so this is probably one of the better places to recoup a higher amount of what was initially invested.

Sounds like an awesome rig you've got. I'm in Houston also and interested in chatting if/when you end up putting it on the market.

-Russell

yeah I know what you mean about pricing mods. I've read many discussions and followed sales for several years.

It's always a crapshoot...
Jim

Last edited:
This is what I am working with.....just for your info and the sake of being up front about the situation.

I Bought it for $54,000. As soon as I drove it and went over it and saw it was truly mint I assumed it was a soccer Mom's or just a guys that worked in the office. Had just plain radials on it and obviously had not been off road. Tracks straight as an arrow and It didn't have a scratch and looked new inside and out. My friends think it is new when they get in it. :)) So it really is in good shape.

Since then I have seen a lot of Land Cruisers about the same age and older with more miles. They all hold up really well. Seat cushions don't develop sag and paint holds up. Probably telling you things you have already learned. But that is why I love Land cruisers.

Last edited:
was having my bumpers built by Dissent.....just haven't made it out to Cali to let him work on it.
I wanted aluminum. Various companies make them for several models but not the 200. So he decided to start making them. Makes some nice looking stuff too if you aren't familiar look at his site. Great guy too.

Last edited:
was having my bumpers built by Dissent.....just haven't made it out to Cali to let him work on it.
I wanted aluminum. Don't need rock climbing bumpers of steel.

Last edited:
Sent you a PM

Sent you a PM

starting to get my figures together on what I have invested in this baby.....

Last edited:
What color is it?

It is white....tan interior.

I may continue some other things on this build. I have some things I want to try

Last edited:
all that gear and you did not Offroad it once? This is a sad, sad story..... I sold a 100 series that was super built last year. It took me about 4 months to sell, but I did get about 80% of my money invested back. It just depends how eager you are to sell.

starting to get my figures in. Looks like mine will go for 60-65K.
Paid $55,000 and put about $20,000 in it. Also found out there is a shortage of nice ones and Toyota is stopping production on the new ones.
Kimd of a bummer. I was hoping to see them upgrade the platform soon.

Source on the end of production?

I've been wresting with the idea of selling my Cruiser and it has been driving me crazy. I decided to price it at $60,000 or best offer.
I would be losing around 10,000 but that is the way it goes with mods and I could live with that. So that is pretty much how I decided to price it......just decided what it is worth to me.
I haven't done bumpers or winch and will leave them off unless I keep it and let the buyer get the bumpers and winch they want.
So that's the latest news ..... :)

Jim

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom