OEM alarm system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a couple of questions,
first one is there a "Piezo" (horn) sound when activated and deactivated?
I found a small piezo horn wrapped in a sponge like tape, that make no sound at all. (C-Dan, is this available seperately?)

2nd does anyone know the location of the reciever for the alarm? I have noticed that I have to be almost @ the door in order for the alarm to deactivate (New battery in transmitter)
Eduardo

Eduardo,

You found it, the piezo. 08192-12921. It lists for $24.75, it splices in. It is not unusual to have a bad one. The ECU is under the driver's seat. Are you certain the battery is healthy?

Dan :beer:

Speaking of alarm system components, Mr Dan, please PLEASE tell me where I can find an RS3000 Fit Kit 08586-60990.

You do have a pile of these just sitting around, don't you?

R -

R-

Loooong gone................sorry :tear:

D -

>> Loooong gone................sorry

I knew that. Just thought you were goin' to pull off a miracle and tell me where a stash of these things were hiding...

R -

I "look around" about once a month to see if I get a hit. Not yet.

Eduardo-

There was a post on SOR about holding the remote against your chest or chin when pushing the button. Your body serves as an antenna. I laughed, thought ::). But it acutally works. When I do that I get a connection from 30-40 feet away instead of standing next to the truck.

Lets see - hold it next to your chin :dunno: chest is worse. Hmmmm, need a long antenna - Hey maybe .......................
Bill

SOME PARTY BILL,

What happened to yer nose? :ugh:

Don't drink and work on your radiator fan. :ugh:
Bill

Um, OK. I'll remember that. Scotch?

Oh, how's the owl post working out? ::)

VIP systems use a CR2025 OEM# 08192-00960
Earlier TVSS systems use a CR2016 OEM# 08192-00840

The VIP remotes will program to the older systems. It's best to pull the back off of the remote and read the number on the battery. They will say CR2016 or CR2025 on them.

:beer:

Long is the key Photo - not stubby
Sorry Junior, er Mike, I was just going by what yo moma told me.
thefinger.gif
thefinger.gif
:G

C-Dan - Amazing, Toyota has a part number for the common CR2025.

Bill,

Iv'e got a part number on my........Oh, nevermind......... :ugh:

medtro,
This is looking front to back under the bonnet on the US Driver side. The bright red thing is the Piezo.
-B-

Medtro,

-B- has the picture of it, except mine is orange.

C-Dan, I replaced the battery twice, (sorry, but I didn't use the OEM battery, I probably got the box of ten, for the price of one OEM ::))
I think I'll try the other remote (gotta get it out of the wife's purse, hardly ever get's used :G)

By the way, do you use the Platinum, spark plugs?
Any advantages or are they just more expensive?

Eduardo
:beer: :beer: :beer: and an oil change, maybe I'll do more next weekend!

if i buy i blank key like this:
99%20cruiser%20alarm%20key.jpg

will it program to my oem vip rs3000 alarm system,cause if it will i would like to do away with the fob and go for this........

this key was listed as for a 99 landcruiser and i dont know if they changed enough so that it is not compatable but i am hoping it is...............

Doug,

NOPE, won't do it. The key shaft is different. Not only that but the key in your photo sells for over 250 bucks :ugh:
It also has a chip in it for the engine imobilizer found on the 100 series vehicles. BTW, if anytbody out there has a 100, DO NOT lose all of your master keys. if you do, call the hook and get it towed to your friendly dealer so that they can put a new 1,500 dollar engine ECU and 250 dollar keys in so you can start it up again :tear:

Dan :beer:

I can see my dog's ribs........ ::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom