October 7-9 wheelin at Red Bird (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It took you this long to sense the event was over? I think everyone else realized it 7 pages ago

For you, it was over 7 pages ago.

We should start a new thread....over on the IL board.

I agree.....im moving to the IL. Board myself.....

I may be able to show up on the following weekend...not to wheel...just to veg out on morphine...
But depending on how my recovery goes, I may not be able to go even then

Is either weekend a possibility for you to come to camp and pick up a bunch o parts?

I may well be able to.do that on the following weekend....but will still be in the hospital till the 8th

Damn miss a few days on here and everything get turned upside down. I'm a maybe for either weekend, at either place. What ever works best for the group, the longer drive to Badlands is worth it for the better park.

I may be down for a badlands run either one of those weekends.

I was more questioning his sanity in buying a boat in a state with only a handful of lakes. Well, they call them lakes here, but back in NC we called them ponds, lakes were big enough that you couldn't see the other side.

Cruiser Clint said:
I have definite possibilities for badlands either weekend. Bought a boat and have been enjoying the nice weekends on lakes, but really would love to go out wheeling before it gets cold.

What u get?
Pics?

Nothing too fancy and the price was right. It's an '88 Charger 18' bowrider with a 4.3L powered OMC I/O. Goes 50 or so depending on number of passengers (says 8 but have been up to 9 already). Runs like a raped ape and has been a blast going out almost every weekend since the end of summer. I have a friend that lives in Bloomington where I can crash after going out to Lake Monroe (largest reservoir in IN) so it's been pretty easy to get out.

I've managed to make my propeller look like a serrated knife by hitting something almost every time I have gone out though and I get a lot of ribbing being a Navy vet. I have really fallen in love with tubing but have been accused of confusing it with a blood sport. It's fun to watch adults skip across the water doing somersaults!

This weekend is going to be some great weather for boating but I really need to get my 40 back out and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys too. I think I'll be up Friday night after work but still not 100% sure if Saturday morning is more realistic.

We should have a nice small group. Should be able to cover the entire park.

BTW Clint, there is 5 page thread about this weekend over in the IL board...."just sayin."

OMC sounds like a compant that will last...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom