October 7-9 wheelin at Red Bird (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The fall event at Red Bird is coming up ...October 7-9.

I will be there on Thursday night (6th)...

I guess we will be staying at that same camp ground as last year
Someone just needs to tell me the name of it, where it is & how to get there
If anyone wants to stay somewheres else & let's us know, that's cool too!

If we plan a bit ahead we can prolly organize a cook out or something
the Taco Bell run last year worked....but was kinda "Meh"
sucked as we all set around bein hungry

Any who.....the thread is begun

Hillbilly acres.

Thursday sounds good to me.

Don't know if I will make it, that is one hell of a long drive for just a weekend. Got to check how much vacation time I have left.

Campground was nice, it was inexpensive and the owners were pretty cool(didn't even ask for $ until we were leaving). Firewood was plentiful and cheap also, if I remember correctly. No where near the space or separation from others like Summers primitive sites, but still nice.

Fxxxing impossible to find.

Especially at night with no headlights.

I felt a bit bad about the lack of isolation and the s***ters were all locked up for the season.

The owner lady was nice enough, but dumb as a fxxxing rock. I called her for directions and she read the website to me.

I don't really care if we stay there now that I know where it is, but as a campsite it wasn't all that great.

I'm open for new experiences....the heterosexual kind...

Awwwwww....John, did you have a bad experience?

Does it have anything to do with you being left all alone at the Ironman?

Did you wet yourself? Or did you pass out with no undies on and expose yourself (again)

Awwwwww....John, did you have a bad experience?

Does it have anything to do with you being left all alone at the Ironman?

Did you wet yourself? Or did you pass out with no undies on and expose yourself (again)

I did "FALL ASLEEP" on the side of the road all by myself in my bag chair after a half bottle of rum......

After a quick google search the only other viable option appears to be Shakamak State Park. Its about 10 miles from Redbird. Campground for the park looks like a good size but as far a seperation from others like at Summers, I have no idea. http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/shakamak_trail.pdf Price is about 7.63 per night.

From reading the past trip thread, if seems like if owner knew that all of you were camping in tents at Hillbilly Acres, he would have kept the s***ter open. Might not be an issue since this trip is about 2 weeks earlier than last years trip.

True, he had just closed the s*** house for the season before we got there and said to call next year and he would leave it open.

Yes that camp was kinda cramped, and the access road from the main road ran right past us and put headlights on us for at least a minute. Once we blocked it with Todds setup it was fine. It wasnt perfect, but I was ok with it. But like I said im up for going wherever.

Keep in mind I have NEVER been to an Indiana state park.

Actually the cheapest rate shown for this park on their website is 12.39 plus what ever taxes. Total for friday and saturday comes to $26.51 for one campsite with a max of one vehicle and a max of 6 people. Im not sure how they feel about tow rigs.

Here is a map of the campground at the State Park. Campsite Map V2 - SHAKAMAK, In - Indiana Department of Natural Resources

If you click on the blue square a picture will pop up of hte campsite with a details link. If you click on the picture it will enlarge it or you can click on the details link and enlarge the picture from the pop up. From looking at the pictures the camp sites appear spacious but that doesnt mean anything because I can make my penis look huge with a digital photo too. I would think we would have a group big enough to reserve the entire eastern row for non electric camp sites and not have to worry about others being right next to us.

Keep in mind its a state park. Im not to sure how liberal they are with honey badger style camping.

State Parks = no alcohol & the possibility of DNR officers being on the prowl

All the state park campsites have to be reserved in advance which would be especially important during the fall colors time of the year. Another option is there are a couple primitive campgrounds at the state recreation area just west of Hillbilly Acres. I went through those last year while we were there and they look pretty nice. They would be much more private than the state park but would still have park rangers possibly coming through once in a while. Shouldn't be too much of a problem unless we torch a few big screen TVs or something outrageous.

The Following was taken from this website DNR: Camping Etiquette

Alcohol: is strictly forbidden at Indiana Dunes State Park and in all youth camps. At other properties, both daily visitors and campers are asked to be responsible when drinking alcohol. Possession of alcohol by persons under the age of 21 is against the law in Indiana; and this will be enforced.

Found out today I will be having stomach surgery in the very near future to cure my brand new hernia

Depending on recovery time & how I feel I may not be able to make it to this event

I may be able to come & just not drive/ride & hold down the fort......only time will tell

I am a honeybadger tho.....I may just wheel anyway.....I don't give a s***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom