OCTOBER 21 GARY'S ANNUAL FALL RUN UP MT. CHEAM, CHILLIWACK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its looking like a wet day down low, and a snowy one up high. The snow line was definitely below the ridge road today. I think I'm out for this year. Enjoy whatever adventure you guys get up to!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We did hit Snow, but still nice to get out, great visit around the fire, even a couple nice views!

Thanks to all who came out and those who organize these outings.

Doesn't look as bad as I thought it might be after looking out the window this morning and saying f'it. Kinda wish I had gone now.

Spent the day ripping my cd collection, going through some old photos, and playing some guitar.

A pretty good day, all things considered. 14 trucks, lots of kids and dogs. We went about 2/3 up Mt. Thurston but the snow was falling pretty good and we decided to turn around before things got too ugly.
So we went down to Foley Lake and lit a fire for everyone to warm up. Lots of fishermen along the river.
Mount Thurston (1280x719).jpg

Other than me dumping an entire pot of coffee on my tailgate (that brown shag soaks it up better than any Sham-Wow!) that was a good fun day. Big thanks to Gary for hosting yet again - I believe this was the 10th annual run!

Echo all the thoughts, as well as a good stretch away from daily driver duties for the BJ74 and exercising of low range.

IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3365.jpg
IMG_3369.jpg

So, Gary e-mailed me his trip report and here it is below.... :beer:

One of the oldest FORD Rancharo’s I have ever seen. Parked at the Chilliwack airport …

Another very quick and fantastic breakfast as usual at the airport. Very friendly staff.

What a great place to meet in the morning… I think that it was Jason’s suggestion… Thanks :)

Gary1.jpg
Gary2.jpg
Gary3.jpg

clip_image001.jpg

Air down spot. The last chance to muster & Drivers meeting. We were treated to some Fall colours and fallen leaves on the trial this year. Which is one of the reasons for the Autumn Run. It was a much better turn out than expected. I will have to modify a couple of things next year to accommodate some of the new modern Infra-structure up-dates.
clip_image001.jpg

Kids running back to saddle up, after checking out the Beaver pond & hut. Although it rained all day and we were turned around by ssssssss-No...!!!

I did not seem to get very wet and everyone seemed vey happy and content on just getting out. Even though we were not fortunate enough to do much wheeling or see some of the gorgeous scenery up top, it appears that everyone had a good time. I figure most likely due to a fantastic turn out of great people..

clip_image001.jpg

Last edited:
What a sweet and nicely done TLC BJ74… One of the coolest and most capable TLC’s out there. And piloted by one of the same. Was very cool to see an all grown up Clayton riding shot gun as well. Hope to see more of him in the future. Sounds like maybe in his own 4x4 on day soon…. :)
Gary4.jpg

High water and a BIG downed tree across the river road, meant no access party on the beach… Default to Fire/Lunch Option #3… Which turned out just as well. We were able to fit all the trucks and folks around the fire down by the lake.

Gary5.jpg

Many new faces in the crowd. Quite a variety of folks and vehicles… Apparently the Coastal Cruisers are now on Facebook :) Hahahaha… Thanks Rob S? This is how some of them heard of the run and sounds like they may now be keen on becoming new members in the club. They were great people. He was experienced, very capable, prepared, helpful, friendly, happy and even joined Pete, Patty & I on our lil after run explorations into the night.

Gary6.jpg

A lil wet, but no one seemed to mind… A great team effort from everyone to gather, cut, build, ignite and enjoy a warm fire on a cold wet day. Made it very effortless, enjoyable and turned a potentially ruined Autumn Run, into an enjoyable day…

Gary7.jpg

Gary8.jpg

Gary9.jpg

There was enough parking for everyone and a large area for everyone to stand around the fires. Was a cool lil drop in and drive thru the forrest and a nice loop around drive at the along the beach.
Gary10.jpg

So a small story to add: Halfway back down the mountain on our 2nd adventure, Gary suddenly stops and hops out, says he lost his cell phone. He is panicked and quickly searches his truck. Suddenly he finds it in his raincoat pocket. Out of the blue, Patti suddenly realizes SHE LOST HER CELL PHONE, for real this time, and so she and I head back up the mountain in the dark to hopefully find it. We did, right where we turned around. It got quite wet and is still sitting in a ziplock bag full of rice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom