OCTOBER 21 GARY'S ANNUAL FALL RUN UP MT. CHEAM, CHILLIWACK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
COMING UP! GARY'S ANNUAL FALL RUN UP MOUNT CHEAM/THURSTON BEHIND CHILLIWACK. SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21, A FULL FAMILY RUN ON A SAFE AND BEAUTIFUL PANORAMIC RUN WITH VIEWS OF THE CANADIAN BORDER PEAKS TO THE SOUTH, AND HARRISON LAKE TO THE NORTH.
PLAN ON TAKING THE WHOLE FAMILY.
003.JPG
Cheam lineup reduced.JPG
Daryl reduced.JPG
IMG_2951.JPG

Last edited:
Just did loop for the first time the other weekend. Fun trail. Didn't realize the views back in there.

I should be able to make it. Likely playing catch-up as my boy has soccer that morning. I know the way, should catch up to the group just about in time for lunch ;)

I'm hoping my maintainance parts for samurai arrive, then I'm coming it will be an epic maiden voyage for my new to me truck

There may be a yellow dodge tagging along too if the kids scouts calendar allows.

HERE IS THE GAME PLAN...

-Chilliwack Airport Cafe for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. Saturday. Great omelets!

-Fuel up before the run.

-Bring your own lunch and be prepared in case of stormy weather. Bring cameras, warm rain gear, hat, gloves, toque, thermos, and boots as required. Bring kids and spouse, this is a family-friendly day run.

-10:00 a.m. Meet up at 2nd parking lot past the bridge turn off and park vehicles for photo lineup. If that parking lot is pre-occupied, then carry on to the next large gathering option for photo shot.

-11:00 a.m. Air down location. To get there, turn left at Slesse Monument “Y” intersection.

Keep left-ish up hill on main road until you hit gravel. (If you cross a bridge on the main road along the river, then you missed the Slesse Monument)

-Plan B might be Foley Lake if there is snow on Mount Cheam.

BE THERE! :beer:

Just in case you need to know, the Chilliwack airport cafe is closed...gone. I'll be watching the snow line quite carefully in the next few days for you.

Just in case you need to know, the Chilliwack airport cafe is closed...gone. I'll be watching the snow line quite carefully in the next few days for you.
Gary phoned the Chilliwack Airport Coffee Shop yesterday and they are back in business, so we can get our trucker breakfast there.

Sure ain't shaping up to be much for weather...oh well still be nice to get out!

Hi fellas, I've been pondering a trip over to join ya'll but have been watching the weather too....found this pretty cool mountain weather site last night which tracks the weather on different mountain locations, you may want to have a look at. So far there looks like there may be a fair amount of snow flying around up there starting Saturday morning which is putting the fence I'm sitting on a little higher......just sayin'

Have a look here....

Mt Cheam Weather Forecast (2134m)

Hi fellas, I've been pondering a trip over to join ya'll but have been watching the weather too....found this pretty cool mountain weather site last night which tracks the weather on different mountain locations, you may want to have a look at. So far there looks like there may be a fair amount of snow flying around up there starting Saturday morning which is putting the fence I'm sitting on a little higher......just sayin'

Have a look here....

Mt Cheam Weather Forecast (2134m)

Thanks, Rob, the weather is iffy for the south face looking toward the Border Peaks. Our Plan "B" is, if necessary, go up from the North side overlooking Chilliwack, the road on that side is maintained better. Anyway, it could be a bit of adventure and we will choose the route when we rendevous east of Vedder Crossing bridge at 10 a.m. Hope to see you there.

I'm out as my 80 is still being stored at EBI :)

I feel like I should buy a backup cruiser like many other members.

I'm out as my 80 is still being stored at EBI :)

I feel like I should buy a backup cruiser like many other members.

That's kinda funny Greg, my 80 has been at Steve's since either July or August, I've forgotten how long

That's kinda funny Greg, my 80 has been at Steve's since either July or August, I've forgotten how long
That must be the parts truck he was using for mine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom