SOLD Ocracoke NC: 1993 Toyota Kzj78 Land cruiser. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Ocracoke, North Carolina 27960 United States
Mileage
Color
rgb(85, 86, 86)
I have a 1993 Toyota kzj78 that I want sell. I am looking to get close to what I got in it. I have my eye on another land cruiser. I am Looking to get $18,000 OBO Don't be afraid to shoot me a message. I am pretty motivated.

My KZJ78 has a 1kzte engine with the automatic a343 transmission. I have done a lot of work to it since I bought it last December. You can see most of it in my build thread - Going from an fj80 to possibly a kzj78 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/going-from-an-fj80-to-possibly-a-kzj78.1271512/page-3 some highlites are I replaced the Ehubs with Manual locking hubs, EGR delete and egt gage installed, new valve cover gasket, repacked and replaced the seals Birfield joints, 70 series oem rims with new 235 85 16 size tires, Snorkel from a vdj79 series installed. I Replaced the tail lights and side marker lights with toyota oem ones. Replaced front turn signals with orange ones (not oem but very close to factory spec.), Replaced the thermostat with a lower 76C temp one. Replaced the front bumper with a factory one.

Previous owner installed a 2inch ome lift.

Bad: the worst - The front fenders have some rust popping through. Driver side was the worst. I have been keeping it sprayed with fluid film because I live at the beach and this seems to keep rust at bay for sometime. It was repaired in japan at some point and used bondo. It has a few small spots in other common places but nothing too crazy. I was quoted 450$ and 900$ shipping for a replacement front fender. I suspect a good body shop could fix it.

The rust is not the worst I have seen.

The previous owner installed a generic front radiator and electric fan. While it works and I have not had many issues with it, its not factory. (I really wish he had kept the fan shroud)

Has two rock chips in the windshield.

Has a goofy muffler that functions but is a little bit outlandish. I have just not gotten around to getting it replaced yet.

Its been repainted to this silver color.

The interior is really nice and I have seat covers for all the seats. (no third row). All of the switches and electronics work.

I have a few spare parts that I am beginning to replace.
they will come with the cruiser.
I have a new Mitsubashi timing belt
tensioner
belts
6 oil filters
Full filter.
I have all the old non factory tail lights and turn signals.

Maybe a few other things I cant remember.

I want to change the front brake pads (they are about 50% still have some life)

It's my daily driver and runs really well. I have not had it leave me stranded. I just recently took it to Wilmington NC and back. about a 6 hour round trip. The interior is in great condition. It came with some generic seat covers that I suspect were on it for some time. I replaced the radio with one that gets stations here in the US. Has blue tooth and usb connection.

It has a clear NC title and its my daily driver.

If you have any questions PM me. I usually check Mud a couple times a week.

Will post more photos after work today.

Has yakima racks that I will keep.
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG
unnamed-2.jpg
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG

Last edited:
Just a few more pictures that I had on my phone. The first one down is when I changed out to my manual locking hubs. the 2nd one shows some of the interior. I don't have those seat covers on it now but I do still have them. 3rd one down shows the egt gage and the new radio I installed. Little sandy in that picture. 4th one is when I changed the valve cover gasket. was actually pretty clean under there.
IMG_7304 2.JPG
IMG_7133.JPG
IMG_9008.JPG
IMG_0495.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom