OBDScan for Windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any experience w/ Harrison R&D and their OBD-II software?
http://www.ghg.net/dharrison/index.htm

I'm thinking about splitting the cost w/ my cousin. He has a used Volvo XC and the software should also work w/ my 97 cruiser.

Notice that they also sell “Deer/Game feeder products.” The possibilities of a time controlled cracked corn spreader mounted on the roof of my rig sounds somewhat appealing :D

thanks

from their pos website
"Forget wrenches, sockets and timing lights. OBDScan will help you diagnose and repair your late model vehicle Measure Timing, Temperature, Oxygen Sensors, manifold vacuum and more with a single tool."

OK, will forget my wrenches - how does it swap my pads, rotors, do a tune up, swap Kurt's VSV, swap meats, replace driveshaft, eliminate corrsion in the connections etc? Dude, like for $150 sign me up. :slap::flipoff2::bigfrickinurinate:

Search this forum for OBDII - it's been covered almost as much as frickin oil viscosity, which means it will likely be covered about 20 more times today. ::)

I just went through the same thing. From what I see at that web site you need to specify which converter you need based on the protocol of your vehicle. I decided to go with the Autoenginuity product. It has 1 converter which can be used on all protocols. Same basic idea of running the software on your laptop or a pocket pc which is also available. Same real time mapping and such as well as it is bi-directional and they are currently writing software for the idividual manufacturers systems so you can talk with them through the unit. There is already those addons for GM,Ford and Chrysler. You can e-mail Jay Horak at jayhorak@juno.com for more info but be sure to reference "LANDTANK" as we worked out some pricing for anyone else from the forum that might be interested. The pricing was 155 for oem which is software disk w/pdf manual and converter or 175 for retail kit which is the above items as well as a case and printed manual.

Jim,

I have the Harrison R&D OBD-II kit and may be able to answer any of your questions (except not on the deer feeder.)

I bought the Universal version so it (supposedly) works on domestics and imports. It will definitely work on your '97 Cruiser. The basic package comes with Windows software and you can download updates from their web site. As Junk mentioned, their web site sucks. It's a one-man show from what I can tell.

My reason for selecting the Harrison R&D unit is that they offered a cheap add-on that runs on my Palm PDA. This makes it very convenient for carrying the whole thing in the vehicle. You don't need to lug a laptop or string a PC cable out to the garage. The PDA version is a mini-version of their Windows application. They may have a PocketPC version now so check with them.

The HW and SW works and was cheap. Do a search on this forum using keyword=Harrison and you should come up with a couple of OBD-II threads with screen shots and additional information.

-B-

I missed the universal option when I looked. What ever you buy I'd definetly would get something that can read multiple protocols so it will most likely work with your other vehicles. Toyota used VFM only in 1996 and 1997 then switched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom