O2 sensor factory or aftermarket ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace the o2 sensor in my 80 , can I be cheap and go to napa or should I get a factory unit ? By the way this is my first lc and I really am liking this thing. This may get expensive.

What year/model do you have?

You really should go denso. If you have a 93-94, you must go denso/oem , after markets don't work well. These years tend to go thru sensors faster

Yep Denso

Denso from RockAuto.com and find the 5% off coupon with search.
That white box at the top is full of info, just tell it your troubles :)

It is a 1996 model , so denso brand was the original part manufacture ? Thanks for all the advice guys

Just got word from a friend that he has 2 - DENSO 234-4520 that I can have for 60 dollars each.
Will these work for my 1994 Cruiser???

Those are the right part number for a 1994 if you want Denso. $145 each at Rock Auto.

My 1993-1994 NTK 24044 upstream O2 is still up for grabs. $50 shipped.

Just got word from a friend that he has 2 - DENSO 234-4520 that I can have for 60 dollars each.
Will these work for my 1994 Cruiser???

Thought the front and rear sensors are different. At least they are different in my 97.

Denso on Amazon is what I got. Worked great. There are lots of threads on this, which I think can be summarized thusly:
1) Only buy them from Toyota, because that's what your truck wants (no data to support the position that Toyota is superior to Denso);
2) Buy Denso because they work great and no one has reported any trouble with them at all;
3) Don't buy aftermarket because many people have reported problems, such as short life span, throwing codes.

Good luck.

Cruiser Dan said...and I quote:
"The new factory sensors in front of me right now are stamped TOYOTA and NTK.
They are right and left. The only visible difference is the length and outer shielding on the wiring."

So...1993-1994 has "left and right" Toyota/NTK brand O2 sensors from factory. One in each front downpipe before each cat.
Rock Auto has NTK 24044 ($67) and Denso 234-4520 ($147)

I have a 1995 sitting outside...

1995-1997 has upstream (front before cats) and downstream (rear after cats).
Denso are OEM on 1995-1997 and are $47 each on Amazon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom