Now to upgrade our 200! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now that we decided to not replace my wife’s 260k 08 with a newer 200, and the fact she wants an Aussie style LC like we saw and had in QLD, it’s time to upgrade our friend!

Just wanted some recommendations from fellow LC enthusiasts, that understand our incredibly frustrating dilemma......you know the one....... as to what to do to our beloved LC that has always been our go to set of wheels. Aussie folks use these vehicles beyond what we in the US typically are able to do.... although some manage!

we are replacing front and rear bumpers, perhaps air suspension, off road worthy rims and tires, off road lighting,etc....maybe a winch someday so a winch ready front bumper is mandatory!

nothing to affect reliability obviously, or increase HP.....no need..... just things to enhance what these bullet proof vehicles are capable of......

With so many outfitters out there , some here in US and others in AU, just would be nice to avoid buying things that have issues, or there’s a better option for.

They get less press here in the US but I’m a huge fan of the kaymar rear bar. Keeps mostly stock appearance but replaces the damage prone plastic lower bumper with steel, and can add provisions for a spare tire carrier if you want.

Be sure to peruse the build threads in the forum FAQs. They are full of ideas on how to spend money!

They get less press here in the US but I’m a huge fan of the kaymar rear bar. Keeps mostly stock appearance but replaces the damage prone plastic lower bumper with steel, and can add provisions for a spare tire carrier if you want.

I think BudBuilt became an importer for Kaymar a year or two ago...

I think BudBuilt became an importer for Kaymar a year or two ago...
Long Range America is too. They are available, and frankly pretty expensive when you compare what you get to slee/etc, but IMO the best looking option and most appropriate for how I’d use it.

Long Range America is too. They are available, and frankly pretty expensive when you compare what you get to slee/etc, but IMO the best looking option and most appropriate for how I’d use it.

Ya, I remembered that after posting. So they could be ordered through Georg at Valley Hybrids plus Ward Harris.

I was interested in Kaymar way back on my 100 series, but at the time, it would have cost a fortune to get one. Nice that someone is finally bringing them over.

When you say Aussie style, you mean you want to chop your 200 and do a ute conversion?

1605999034559.png

The thing with 200 series accessories is they are at the high end of the spectrum, priced accordingly too, as the LC200 is such a niche platform in the USA. In Australia, there are more choices, and cheaper as well, but the low end stuff never makes it out of the country. You can find all the stuff on 4wdsupacenter.au and on Adventurekings.au. There are rear drawers for like $290 usd.

Just send the rig off to Slee or look at Ed Martin builds.

Argh, wish I could see those web sites. They won't work for me...

When you say Aussie style, you mean you want to chop your 200 and do a ute conversion?

View attachment 2502656

The thing with 200 series accessories is they are at the high end of the spectrum, priced accordingly too, as the LC200 is such a niche platform in the USA. In Australia, there are more choices, and cheaper as well, but the low end stuff never makes it out of the country. You can find all the stuff on 4wdsupacenter.au and on Adventurekings.au. There are rear drawers for like $290 usd.

Just send the rig off to Slee or look at Ed Martin builds.
No Ute chop for us, but damn do they make for an amazing rig! If we lived down under, would be my first choice along with a properly outfitted trailer as well. Saw so many on Frazier Island.... where the Prado proved it’s ability by pulling out a Rover that got stuck going over to the South side of the island... Never seen so many proper off road rigs in my life, rigged with their huge fishing rigs that looked like giant fly rods...

I really wish there were more Aussie style rigs here in the states, as I think many who trek and camp in the mountains would enjoy them. Talk about being fully set up to “rough it”.....

Our 200 will remain my wife’s daily driver... as she doesn’t want anything else on a daily basis.... She’s fully on board outfitting it Aussie style.... as long as I don’t take it too far.

Going to look into the parts mentioned here, and will reach out to the dealers mentioned.
Any thoughts on installing an air system in front as well as rear? Thought it would be nice to be able to adjust ride height at both ends.

Thanks for the note on this. After a quick glance, this would appear top of list for me!

I like these too but who here (US on Mud) has put one on a 200? I looked at the Long Range America site and the Kaymar catalog and didn't see a LC 200 option. I saw soem GX references and they all said "no sensors" which I presume means rear parking sensors.

I like these too but who here (US on Mud) has put one on a 200? I looked at the Long Range America site and the Kaymar catalog and didn't see a LC 200 option. I saw soem GX references and they all said "no sensors" which I presume means rear parking sensors.
I can’t help you with names but at least a couple have been installed stateside, I’ve seen the pictures. There is even heathy conversation in this section about making it work with modifications to work around the AHC pump on LX570 models, including commentary from someone that was successful, if I remember correctly.
If it’s not in the catalog try emailing Ward or Bud or someone at the relevant distributors. I’m sure they’d be glad to provide info.
I plan to go this route but it is a year or two away for me.

making it work with modifications to work around the AHC pump on LX570 models
I think not yet, the bracket on the kaymar goes right where the ahc pump is. However, a custom solution for that one bracket could be fabbed. It’s a sweet bumper design for sure.

I’m a fan of the Kaymar bumpers as well. Here’s a screenshot of the non-swing out version that’s at the top of my list... $1900 ish before shipping...
7E966753-2447-4D36-9BE9-858A5BE90448.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom