Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should have one then. I'll check

I should have one then. I'll check

Awesome. If I knew I had a good motor I could get that s*** going. Maybe. I'm not having a ton of luck with the stock switches though. I ain't skeered of a toggle though either.

I've only got 2! (Soon to be 3....)

Edit......dude.

IMG_3995.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. If I knew I had a good motor I could get that s*** going. Maybe. I'm not having a ton of luck with the stock switches though. I ain't skeered of a toggle though either.
Found one on one of my hoard of windshield frames (last one). I got it off tonight and will try to test it electrically tomorrow.

Nolen, this thing has really come together. Outstanding work!

I've learned a ton and have gotten way out of my comfort zone a lot but I stuck with my plan for the most part.

Can't wait for you to drive it. It drives awesome. I hope to enjoy it now until it gets too hot to enjoy it.

I've gotten it sorted out that my wiring will stay as is. The downstream wiring and gauge sounds like it will be safe.

Question though.

My cig lighter / 12v plug is the last thing I have that is still wired direct to the battery (with in line fuse)

What would it take to wire it where I could use one of these plugs as a gauge? Where would the hot wire go?

IMG_4022.PNG

Here is my setup now.

IMG_3990.JPG

IMG_3991.JPG

Are you wanting to wire the outlet to turn on/off with the ignition?

I could. I just saw this and thought it would be a cool way to check charging without adding a gauge and messing up my simple stock dash.

The alternator is direct to my battery and the 12v plug is direct to battery now.

Will that plug be able to read the volts the battery is getting?

So I guess knowing Amps of your charge versus Volts of your battery just lets you know you have a problem before you have a real problem of a dead battery.

I'm getting it now. Volts works for me and a plug is needed anyway for my phone.

If cig lighter is wired to battery, your plug in volt meter will show volts not amps

High as a kite...but properly used.

I've got an original wheel and hubcap in my inventory. ☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom