nothing lasts, especially windshields! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not even 1500 miles in my new LC and I took an asteroid to the windshield this week! The kind that make you flinch when you hear the impact.

Had it sealed/filled same day so hopefully this will be the end of it, till the next one...

You'll be fine until you go somewhere cold and turn on the defrost. Mine split from its chip after turning on the defrost on a 40 degree morning.

Here in Albuquerque, DOT uses sand aggregate for icy roads. I don’t know how they filter the stuff because it seems much closer to gravel than sand. At least a couple times a year I have had too have chipped glass fixed. It hasn’t been as bad since I switched to Toyotas a couple years ago. TechnaGlass should be real happy with the amount of business they get here.

I just broke another one this week. That makes the fourth winshield in 10000 miles on my 2019. They are the most delicate pieces of glass I have ever owned. My cost of ownership with this vehicle so far is .27 per mile in windshields alone. I drive i24 near Nashville. I have always heard rocks ticking winshields occasionally in my other vehicles but in this one, if you hear a tick, their will be a crack by the next day. Im seriously considering dumping the truck its so bad. A tiny pebble will crater it and leave a hole in the top layer that looks like glass blasting media. Just granules of glass.
Never would have guessed the mighty land cruiser couldnt handle the urban interstate system but the windscreens are definitely its Achilles heel.

In Alaska. Salt was banned years ago. They cover our roads with sand and gravel. 6 winters with my ‘13 LX and I’m on my 2nd windshield but it has 3 large chips filled. I had a g500 for 10 years prior to the LX and went through 8 windshields in that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom