Not cruiser related.. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ever wonder why that fuel costs so much in BC.

Federal carbon tax is 14 cents per litre.

BC has two carbon taxes, adding up to about 31 cents per litre of gas and 36 cents per litre of diesel.

For a total of 45 cents per litre of gas and 50 cents per litre of diesel carbon tax alone. There’s a bundle of other government operational taxes on top of that as well.

Want to know more?

I was working in a homeless shelter the other day and was listening to the drug addicts in this particular shelter excited about the extra 400$ carbon rebate check they got on top of the monthly welfare. In BC A single person with an annual income of under 39,115 per year will receive $447 per year. For a family of four, with an annual income of under $50,170, $893.50.

In my mind that’s a dog chasing its tail. You make fuel more expensive, goods and services get more expensive, making things even less affordable for everyone especially those struggling to get by.

Those people carbon tax hurts the most aren’t the ones flying a jet to tofino every other weekend to go surfing. it’s not the poor either, it’s the middle class with their dreams of homeownership, two cars and two vacations a year. The only environmental benefit I see from this carbon tax is to strip away the middle class and make everyone more socially equal, poor.

Think about who in our society fits the into the government’s carbon neutral agendas the best. It’s the people in subsidized housing living off government support, unable to afford to be environmentally unfriendly. Who also vote a predictable way because of the checks they keep getting.

Last edited:
Ever wonder why that fuel costs so much in BC.

Federal carbon tax is 14 cents per litre.

BC has two carbon taxes, adding up to about 31 cents per litre of gas and 36 cents per litre of diesel.

For a total of 45 cents per litre of gas and 50 cents per litre of diesel carbon tax alone. There’s a bundle of other government operational taxes on top of that as well.

Want to know more?

I was working in a homeless shelter the other day and was listening to the drug addicts in this particular shelter excited about the extra 400$ check they got on top of the monthly welfare. In BC A single person with an annual income of under 39,115 per year will receive $447 per year. For a family of four, with an annual income of under $50,170, $893.50.

In my mind that’s a dog chasing its tail. You make fuel more expensive, goods and services get more expensive, making things even less affordable for everyone especially those struggling to get by.

Those people carbon tax hurts the most aren’t the ones flying a jet to tofino every other weekend to go surfing. it’s not the poor either, it’s the middle class with their dreams of homeownership, two cars and two vacations a year. The only environmental benefit I see from this carbon tax is to strip away the middle class and make everyone more socially equal, poor.

Think about who in our society fits the into the government’s carbon neutral agendas the best. It’s the people in subsidized housing living off government support, unable to afford to be environmentally unfriendly. Who also vote a predictable way because of the checks they keep getting.

You should get into politics; you have my vote! Haha.

I don't know how much longer some of these things can go on for (if we truly want to keep our currency from becoming worthless....). The only $$ I have that feels like it really has value are my pre 1968 coin collections with silver content (or gold in the case of a few).

Look what happened to our Canadian federal debt around that time:

dette_canada_1867-2020_en.jpg

Blah, Blah, Blah, yup, keep voting for ultra rich left wing authoritarianism who lack perception and ethics.
Ya know, spoilt little ****in babies who rule by woke ultra-pedantic left wing ****wits.

Haha, I wasn't even referring to BC fuel prices in particular, when I was in high school 49.9 was expensive gas. I remember the big fuss when it hit a dollar and all the gas pumps had to be changed because they didn't have enough digits.

It's kinda funny, years ago I had a conversation with an american guy when I was in the states, because he wouldn't let me avoid it.

One of those "my daddy was a republican, therefor, I am" types. Didn't even read his ballots when he voted, just ticked the red boxes.

At the time I hated harper, so when he heard me say I wasn't going to vote for him , " yer one of them libruls aintcha?" :lol:

I couldn't make him understand that I never actually vote FOR anyone, I just vote against the one I hate the most. Then it was harper, and the liberals had the best chance of beating him. This time around, who I hate most is a tossup between trudeau and whoever runs the jesus party. Doesn't leave a lot of other options lol.

PeePee has the luxury of having the easiest job in the world, being the opposition. All you have to do is bitch and complain and call for investigations, and say you're going to cut this or that. Then you actually get the job and realize you can't afford to cut all the things you promised, and the cycle will continue.

Remember when every stop sign had a harper sign on it? "stop harper?" Now it's **** trudeau, and the next guy will get his sign too.

That's the trouble with voting. The government always gets in :lol:

Yes we vote differently in Canada, or most of us do. We vote not to elect someone, we vote to get someone out after our Canadian complacency has reached it’s limit.

I have the feeling whomever is elected next is going to be handed a very difficult job of axing all kinds of social funding to get the deficit under control with these higher interest rates and stoping the medical system from collapse.

I just want to say Mr Trudeau or CISIS friends I may vote the current gov out at the earliest opportunity but I’m not with those ^ extremists, whatever they are up to. I been working hard on my bank account and would like to keep it.

Thanks

I just want to say Mr Trudeau or CISIS friends I may vote the current gov out at the earliest opportunity but I’m not with those ^ extremists, whatever they are up to. I been working hard on my bank account and would like to keep it.

Thanks

Too late, you're already on the naughty list! It's a one way street.

Over the summer I noticed a drop in performance from the 7.3. After stewing on it for a bit it occurred to me I hadn’t changed the fuel filter in a while, and it seemed like a good place to start…

IMG_5622.jpeg

So… how black do diesel filters normally get? I think this one was past its prime.

Nope... Fuel filter in a clean pot of diesel in the "Fuel Bowl"...

That said, 40,000 km and 8 or so years.

Last edited:
Over the summer I noticed a drop in performance from the 7.3. After stewing on it for a bit it occurred to me I hadn’t changed the fuel filter in a while, and it seemed like a good place to start…

View attachment 3496599

So… how black do diesel filters normally get? I think this one was past its prime.

Nah your diesels gone off from sitting too long Probably clogging up your system also

Haha s*** no, I do have a few hot sauces that could be considered weapons, but I'd have to cross the malahat to deploy them on the unsuspecting government lunch queue, so we know how likely that is. :lol:

I see your Qanon shaman insurrection didn’t get very far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom