Norrish Creek (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spent a couple hours checking out some of the pools along Norrish Creek this afternoon. It was surprisingly not very busy at all for a long weekend, the overcast skies had something do it with most likely.
The first one we stopped in at was what looks like a popular spot along the FSR at around 6-7 km, before the gate. We parked the truck at the top and walked down the road as it looked kinda grown in, but wasn't that bad really. I later walked back up and drove Beckys Tacoma down. It's a 4WD road, but easily doable by any stock 4x4 with a bit of clearance. It's a short walk, 10 minutes or so, down to the creek where it opens up into what looks like a nice camping area in the trees, and then the creek right beside it which is extremely rocky but with a large, deep pool down stream with a short waterfall feeding it. There was 20 or so "young adults" enjoying the area there, we had a quick lunch, watched the fun, and then headed back up to the FSR and thru the gate, as the pools up about a km or two there are much nicer, but involve a steep hike down.
There are 3 largish pools up by the bridge, with some sandy areas, and fantastic swimming. The water is quite nice!

I was thinking one of these weekends soon we should do a club run up there, lots of roads to do some exploring.

20200905_171111_HDR.jpg
20200905_171000_HDR.jpg
20200905_160035_HDR.jpg
20200905_160131_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
"Becky's Tacoma"; like that. :)

Anyone remember when we did a club trip up there; Margaret pass via the Chehalis side and then down to Norrish/Inch Creek? Can't seem to find anything in any old 'mud threads on it. There were a few of us, I think @Vanny was there, in his 60? Sopel, Robert, Martin. I recall Aaron winching up over that deadall pile.

I remember a couple trips with the club from chehalis side. once over margaret pass and once around. Think those were trips tied to cruiser days.

So the road isnt gated anymore? Been a long time since I was up there. Last time was for work relating to replacing several bridges on the fsr. then they gated it while working on the water intake or something.

edit: look back at cruiser days 06 and 07 Jeff

100_3800.jpg

100_3804.jpg

6.JPG

1110461173_356b382163.jpg

Last edited:
40s, 60s, and 70s, oh my!

I remember a couple trips with the club from chehalis side. once over margaret pass and once around. Think those were trips tied to cruiser days.

So the road isnt gated anymore? Been a long time since I was up there. Last time was for work relating to replacing several bridges on the fsr. then they gated it while working on the water intake or something.

edit: look back at cruiser days 06 and 07 Jeff

View attachment 2430762

View attachment 2430763

View attachment 2430771

View attachment 2430772

I’m really hoping that 60 is in fresh water?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom