Noob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2019 GX460. 25k miles. Located in Houston.

No frills, yet.

image2.JPEG

image0.JPEG

image3.JPEG

Welcome to the forum! She's a beauty!
Any plans or just keep it a family hauler?

Looks so nice and clean. Prepare your wallet for some extras!

Welcome to the forum! She's a beauty!
Any plans or just keep it a family hauler?
Plans... well, of course. :D

Got the Ironman FCP lift in the garage, Magnaflow exhaust on order, and patiently awaiting a reply from the folks over @ RCI on their sliders.

I was strongly considering CBI until I texted them with a general spec. question. Most of their competitors specify the KSI rating - some even offering the choice between HREW or DOW steel tubing for costs analysis/ savings. I reckon they just expect everyone to get in line after Lexus enlisted them on the GXOR concept - but thats none of my buisness...

IMG_1490.jpg

Plans... well, of course. :D

Got the Ironman FCP lift in the garage, Magnaflow exhaust on order, and patiently awaiting a reply from the folks over @ RCI on their sliders.

I was strongly considering CBI until I texted them with a general spec. question. Most of their competitors specify the KSI rating - some even offering the choice between HREW or DOW steel tubing for costs analysis/ savings. I reckon they just expect everyone to get in line after Lexus enlisted them on the GXOR concept - but thats none of my buisness...

View attachment 3254638

There's never an issue... until there's an issue... LOL

Reactions: r2m
Sweet! Love the color. Any tips for cutting the front bumper? I've seen a number of videos and examples-wondering what happens to the fender liner at the front. Noone seems to address that. Our move to Tennessee is settling down and the weather is improving so I can work outside.

Next thing to do is go drive over some borderline questionable things and half tear your rear bumper off
Pretty standard mod at this point of your ownership 😁

Next thing to do is go drive over some borderline questionable things and half tear your rear bumper off
Pretty standard mod at this point of your ownership 😁
LOL... ya, this is definately on my mind now; especially since I ripped out that dumbA$$ magnaflow overland exhaust system!

Sweet! Love the color. Any tips for cutting the front bumper? I've seen a number of videos and examples-wondering what happens to the fender liner at the front. Noone seems to address that. Our move to Tennessee is settling down and the weather is improving so I can work outside.
I went back and forth on this, ALOT. It came down to me knowing my limits, and once you start that cutting process there is no turning back. Ultimately, I had the shop do it while they were installing the lift - they do it all the time and it just made sense to me to have someone with experience take care of it. Especially since I bought this with the intent to keep it for 7-10 years, I didn't want to FUBAR the job. I would obsess over little imperfections if I were to make a mistake - thats just a "know thyself" thing for me personally.

Now, that being said - IF I WERE going to be doing this myself - I'd probably get a laser level w/ tripod, and start making cuts low w/ the idea that you can always take away more if you want bc once it's gone... it gone!

I had adjusted clamps, took it apart too many times to count, reset the rubber hangers, twisted and turned the exhaust pipes... literally adjusted everything that connects the exhaust due to clearance and fitment issues for the piece that routes over the rear differential assembly. No matter what I did, once the car heated up… that piece would always make metal to metal contact with the heatshield creating a horrendous screeching/squeaking sound. Not to mention, when performing normal city (at minimal speeds – like less than 45mph) or God forbid highway driving over minimal bumps… the exhaust would hit the underside of the SUV – that sounded similar to driving with a door not fully closed. It is in the process of being returned to MagnaFlow.

IMG_1555.jpg

Last edited:
Appreciate it. Really owe all the credit to TEQ, he really guided my decisions on the lift. Screenshot of my exact setup attached. Went with Apache Offroad UCA's - didn't want Uni-ball, and maintenance-free is nice and all, but I like to be able to be able to service my UCA's with a wittle bit of grease (personal preference) from time to time.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 133204.png

Reactions: r2m
**Update 4/8/2023**

I've had a couple of issues worth mentioning post install of the Ironman FCP.

After rolling around in the first 250-500 miles post install, I started to notice the front passenger leaning hard, like really hard. Thanks to these forums, I am thoroughly armed with information about KDSS lean. I spent the next several days and weeks working the recommended fixes for lean, and as expected nothing worked. Keep reading.

One fine day, I get the idea to put a tape measure on the coilover's up front to compare the drivers to the passenger side. Low and behold the passenger side is 1/2 inch shorter than the drivers side. This being a 2" lift, the drivers side measured out to about 2", give or take, from first thread on the adjustment threads to the bottom of the first lock nut.

Here is my first gripe - so you can learn from my mistake. I never unboxed the coilovers when I received them from Ironman, hindsight tells me this was a big mistake. Ironman FCP comes with little 2mm Allen set screws to lock into the threads once you set your ride height - neither driver or passenger had these. The strut top bolt, 19mm, was not tightened - like at all. Ironman says these are threaded to be locked down till you can't turn anymore. Long story short - check you sh!t. Not checking made for a lot of unnecessary-extra work - adjusting preload on a coil without removing is nothing short of a royal pita.

My second gripe, is to the installer. Admittedly, Jesus at TEQ told me he wasn't familiar with Ironman FCP and was more familiar with Dobinson's. Still you would think some of this would have been noticed during the install, atleast the 1/2" preload difference in the front coilovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom