Non USA Side Marker Light Cutout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMT

Threads
Would anyone of our cruiser friends from across the pond help out with a few dimensions and/or template to mount the factory side marker lights in the front fenders? I have the snorkel template to roughly locate the light but would really like to know the cut out dimensions. It would be nice to have a little reassurance before going to town on a perfectly good fender. :D

I assume you have the lights?

Paradice said, IIRC , that the gasket is close to the hole size. You may try a test cut in some cardboard first........... :dunno:

Oh, do the right side first. That way if you mess it up, you don't have to look at it every time you get in the vehicle :ugh:

Is this the light you are talking about? I can take rough measurements but it's hard to be accurate on the size of the hole with the light in it! You could ask Paradise Cruiser - I believe he was a pair waiting to be fitted. If it's the position of the light relative to the rest of the wing that you're after, I can take some measurements for you...

Jim :beer:

Jim-

Thanks for the picture, I was going to ask you if you had a picture when mine came in.

Are they wired into your turn signals, or just to you low beams so they are always on.

-H-

In that case, Paradise Cruiser (Ron) is your man. He has one in the packet. I'm sure he would measure it for you. Won't you be waiting for the light before cutting the hole though...

Jim :beer:

I have a pair of the lights shown in your picture Jim that I ordered from Australia. Now all I have to do is cut the hole. -H- you go first. You can cover up blemishes in lighter color paints easier. :D

I heard my name mentioned here a couple of times, but I don't know that I have anything useful to add...

True, I have a set of these indicators, but they are on the bench, not on the truck. Jim is the only one I know of that actually owns one of the holes that these things mount in.

I do have the rubber gaskets that are used to fit these indicators, and I presume the inside measurement of the gaskets approximate the hole cut-out size... but I also presume that you all have the gasket as well, so I'm not adding anything new to the formula.

If by chance you do not have the gasket, I can measure mine and post.

R -

Are they the same size as the rear ones? If so, why can't the rear hole dimensions be measured and used?

Duck -

It's an altogether different size and mounting style. The Euro and Oz spec trucks do not have the rear marker, so I guess they started over and designed a completely new housing, etc. ;)

R -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom