Non US Market - 100/105 Series Picture Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great idea, I'll start. Here's my LC Cygnus JDM. The PO changed the badging and the grill to match the LX470

IMG_8064.jpeg

IMG_8063.jpeg

IMG_8061.jpeg

I can't figure out what is the difference in body between 100 and 105? Obviously, different markets get different engines but 105 is a chassis nomenclature that is not tied to the engine, correct? How is 105 different from a 100?

SOLID FRONT AXLE! 🤤

In my opinion, probably the best land cruiser ever made. 80 series style coil suspension, solid front axle, 4 wheel disc and either a 4.7 gas V8 or a 4.2 turbo diesel inline six. Amazing trucks!

Oh and a manual transmission option!

I can't figure out what is the difference in body between 100 and 105? Obviously, different markets get different engines but 105 is a chassis nomenclature that is not tied to the engine, correct? How is 105 different from a 100?

Yes, the chassis is the same but there’s appearance differences.

Clear corners
Blacked out grills
Steel wheels
Non-tinted glass
Side markers
Barn Doors
No moldings
List goes on

I don't think you could get a turbo diesel in the 105. Folks I spoke with warned me they are a beast off road, but dogs on road as a result. NO experience other than hearsay, I'll admit.

In my opinion, probably the best land cruiser ever made. 80 series style coil suspension, solid front axle, 4 wheel disc and either a 4.7 gas V8 or a 4.2 turbo diesel inline six. Amazing trucks!

Oh and a manual transmission option!
The 105 came in neither of those engine options. And outside of the the, the IFS 100 did come with manual transmission option too. The non-turbo 1HZ is a great engine but not so great on North American highways. I've driven one. I would do an engine swap.
Yes, the chassis is the same but there’s appearance differences.

Clear corners
Blacked out grills
Steel wheels
Non-tinted glass
Side markers
Barn Doors
No moldings
List goes on
These are just trim level options. The 105 VX is similarly equipped to North American 100's.

The 1HZ is bulletproof, however being mechanical injection needs regular oil changes.

It is renowned for turning diesel into noise and soot, with a modicum of progress. A mate used to drive one in Aramac with the Qld Police Service - and remembers getting it to 110km/hr (~70mph) down a long stretch of road...

@hoser is correct. The 105 came with a gas and diesel option but it was either the 1fz-fe gas or the 1hz diesel. I started typing too fast!

Out of curiosity, is the 4.7L (and 5.7L also, for that matter) V8 engine option common/popular in countries where there are too many remote areas (e.g. Australia) and gasoline may be harder to get (compared to USA)? How do the owners deal with the low gas mileage to get adequate range (maybe big aux tank?), and are their engines still long-lasting to reach 1 million miles if they use any lower grade gasoline than the equivalent of "87 octane" in the US? (Say in really remote areas it's hard for owners adhere to "premium gas only" rule for their LX470/570 right? Or even 87 Octane for LC. May often have to use whatever is available.)

Last edited:
As stated above the 105 came in several trim levels GX, GxL, etc. with chrome accents, side mouldings, clam shell rear door. I think some even came auto.

I remember seeing this pop up in the classifieds years ago, seller was out of Mongolia.

26809211-C0FC-43F6-AC91-94FA1C59CEF3.png

4314CF5A-046D-4476-810E-90FF64EB64BB.jpeg

8A1617E2-F2D4-4A27-ABDD-8FE4E0A65F7E.jpeg

C93F1E76-6A17-4815-8846-2B55B5650B13.jpeg

Think of the 105 as an 80 with a new body, and the 100 as all-new. The chassis' are definitely different between the 100 and 105. Many aftermarket bits such as front and rear barwork fit's either 100 or 105, but not both.

In Oz the 105 got 1HZ diesel and 1FZ-FE petrol. 105 1FZ came with a few changes from the late 80 series (coil packs, different injection, subtle cyl head changes etc). 100 was 1HD-FTE and 4.7 V8 petrol

Many will say a 105 with 1HD-FTE would have been the ultimate LandCruiser. I say a late, manual, white 80-series GXL with 1HD-FTE and better brakes (but not 100 series brakes) would have been the pinnacle.
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0686.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG

Last edited:
And for those watching from afar, the red square/diamond sticker on the registration plate denotes the vehicle is equipped with an LPG (propane) fuel supply. Same in all states of Australia. Technically, if it has twin LPG tanks, it should display two stickers.

EV/Hybrids must display a blue tag (triangular), and Hydrogen, yellow (pentagonal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom