Non-leather seat cover alternative - Escape Gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
There was NO WAY I was going through the hassle of removing and replacing the leather on my front seats. The front seats suffered from 16 years of neglect, and no amount of leather honey was going to re-supple them enough not to start tearing at certain points, certainly at the seams on the door side bottom seat cushion. I wanted something rugged enough to last the lifetime of my ownership of the truck, or the truck itself. Something had to be done!

A fellow member @WingNutLG posted some "shots" of his seat covers (I think highlighting his gun placement, but whatever) and I asked him about his seat covers. It is made of very heavy duty cotton material for headrests, top and bottom cushions, armrests, and center console cover, and came from South Africa in this neat bag:

IMG_20200823_083233.jpg

I chose to remove the seats in order to properly get the strap placement for the bottom seat cover. I chose to go under the seat rail as shown below for the "side" strap:

IMG_20200823_102934.jpg

Here are pics of them installed from the front, a shot of the back pocket on the drivers side, and the cutout for the power seat controls:
IMG_20200823_104653.jpg

IMG_20200823_105033.jpg

IMG_20200823_105013.jpg

Cost was around $270-290 shipped from South Africa, and there was a lead time on this color. However, I now have non-leather rugged seat covers on the fronts and the chafing from torn leather seams is eradicated!

Last edited:
Looks very good. I'm very close to ordering a set in Khaki for the front.

TBD, but so far ecstatic.

I have you to thank, so thank you!

Does this grey look more like the dark brown trim on a tan interior?

1598219691257.png

I like them. Is it possible for the plastic hinge cover to go over the fabric in this design? That's the one area that catches my eye.

I like them. Is it possible for the plastic hinge cover to go over the fabric in this design? That's the one area that catches my eye.
It's not designed that way, notice the power seat control cutouts. I don't think anything would prevent your idea from working though.

Thanks for posting this. I’ve been considering these for three years but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I think I prefer them to the SOR covers but not too common so I don’t see many pics or reviews. I appreciate you posting, please keep us updated as they get some use.

I have had mine for over a year and love them. I opted for the 3 rows because our Arizona sun was making the leather really hot. This is an old video but yes the wrinkles will come out

If there is enough interest, folks should angle for a group buy from the vendor.

They are not cheap, but for those who don't want to deal with leather (like me), this was the best thing I could find.

Answered my own question. :bounce:

From the vendors web site: "To be of maximum protection in the event of a collision, the driver and passenger side airbags must deploy to full size within 10 milliseconds of impact. Under controlled laboratory testing, side airbags covered with our seat covers, deployed to maximum size, within an average time of 8.4 milliseconds. Driving your vehicle has never been safer with Escape Gear seat covers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom